Highlighted
sandykervink
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - Activation failed through Bose Music App

Hello Community,

I purchased an NC 700 from US and shipped it all the way back to Australia (since there's no release date mentioned for Australia). Unfortunately I am struggling to activate the headphones through the app. See the screen shots below. Does anyone know whats going on? or can help?

1.png2.png3.png

40 REPLIES 40

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - Activation failed through Bose Music App

Hi Sandykervink, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to attempt to help you resolve this. 

I would highly recommend that you check out this thread here for the best troubleshooting steps. Please note the fact that you have shipped the headphones to Australia before release may be a factor on why you aren't able to activate the headphones. 

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please do reach back out to the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Geoff79
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2017

Hi I just received a pair of the NC 700 headphones purchased in China.  I live in Hong Kong and when I tried to go through the activation process in the Bose Music App, I also encountered the same activation error.  Could you explain why this is the case and how I can fix this?  Do I need to change my Bose ID / login region to the US or China to allow the activation to work?

Thanks.

Geoff

Hi Geoff79, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. 

Could you please confirm if you have attempted the steps in the thread that I have posted above? You may be experiencing this issue as the headphones aren't currently available in your region. 

I look forward to hearing back from you after you have attempted the steps from the thread. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Geoff79
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2017

Yes, I followed those steps exactly and still no luck. In fact I tried it twice. 

I am on iOS 12.4, iPhone XS Max. 

Thanks. 

Hi Geoff79, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

You may be experiencing this issue due to your location as stated above due to the headphones not currently being released in Hong Kong, I would highly recommend that you reach out to our support team in your region so that they can look into and assist you further with this. 

I am sorry that the steps provided in the community did not resolve this for you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

JasonFu999
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Hello, 

I have the same issue. 
Also shipped to Australia. 

How was this issue solved? 

Kind Regard, 
Jason 

sandykervink
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Hi Jason,

For some odd reason internet through my mobile provider (Vodafone) didn't work! Tried few times and it just refused to activate.

Then I connected to my office WIFI and VPN into a US server and BINGO......

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sandy

TT100
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

Hi, it’s worth trying enabling a VPN tunnelled through the USA. That was the only way I could successfully activate my NC700. 

My settings: 

1) Purchased headphones in New Zealand. 

2) Set up my new Bose account with a UK location and email address (because I’m British)

3) Enabled a VPN through USA. VPNs through UK or NZ failed to activate. No VPN at all failed to activate. Also tried different WiFi networks - made no difference. 

frustratedDavid
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Are others still having problems connecting NC Headphones 700 to Bose Music app?

I see posts saying the Bose Music app was updated to fix the problem, but I am still not able to connect my brand new NC Headphones 700 to the Bose Music app. Tried everything I saw including deleting from my iphone bluetooth ilst, clearing headphone bluetooth list, deleting and reinstalling app. At least they are working fine as bluetooth headphones but I can't get the Alexa setup and I'm sure there is other functionality in the app as well. HELP!