Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 Excessive Clamping Force

Same here! Its amazing to see only a few comments deep into the thread and find the same issue.... Please note that these are my first set of higher grade over the ear headphones. Day 4 and starting to use heavier i noticed about 1.5hr-2hrs into use around the back of my ears were getting sore. Hour 3, I couldn't stand it anymore and took a break as it felt like it was rubbing the back of my ears raw.

Top of head is fine and everything else I love about these especially for the open concept offices. NC works great and the mic blew me away. Just sucks I cant leave these on for a full 4 hours which is what I need when i get in the zone and in and out of conference calls.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

The model 700 headband is too small/short and is painful on the top of the head to wear. It is as though these headphones were built for a child not an adult. Because of the short distance between the air cups in the fully extended top of the headband, the headband rubs and irritates the top of your scalp and makes them painful to wear.

This poor headband design and resulting discomfort prevents enjoyment of the other great features. This is an epic failure and comfort design. I had to immediately return this item and I do not recommend it to anyone.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

I think I will return mine as well as I started feeling pain on top of the head after just 20 minutes.

It's quite obvious Bose made the 700 in a rush just to keep up with Sony, alas making some really stupid mistakes.

QC35 was the most comfortable headphones I've ever wore. Paying for a model even more expensive should result in equal or better comfortability.

To summarise; Bose 700 = Fail.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Same here. Too tight on the ear plane. I bought a QC 35 II and a 700. The QC is more comfortable but the 700's NC and controls are much better..(much more available and granular). I'll try the box stretch trick. I have 60 days to send one back. (thx Amazon) I the actual headband stainless steel?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Update, had the headphone for a few months now and literally use daily for multiple hours. Still my ear/head still gets somewhat sore, but all together it’s getting better.

Either it’s stretching to my head or I’m just getting use to it. Either way it’s been flawless during meeting such as Laptop to Skype, blue jeans and go to meeting ( go to can be alittle funky at times. my girlfriend has had this problem and now her coworker bought the same pair and so far satisfied. I believe it’s only because I use for hours up to 3 sometimes with the **bleep** thing around my head).

if these weren’t for office and I was looking for studio quality it would be these but music and office calls and controls work really great. In the open office recently  I put these on with the NC without any music just to block out most the surrounding sounds.

No I’m not a bot or paid by Bose either just my Honest feelings for my first overeat head phones. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

My problem is the force combined with the fact that the ear cups seem really big, with the result that the bottom surface is pressing more on my neck than my skull.

Anyone else?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

Hi E Colorado Could you point me out to the products/ memory foam you used for this? I experience the same problem, however already after 15-20 minutes of wearing it. Thanks!

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

Hi Patrick,

You can find the headband cover by searching "Headband QC15 DIY No Tool" on amazon. It's the black one with a zipper, made from stretchy material.

For the foam, I cut some small pieces from a dense memory foam pillow (sorry, I don't know where I bought the pillow).

I put two pieces of foam under the headband (leaving a 1-inch gap between the foam pieces, to minimize pressure on the pain point), and zipped the headband on over the foam pieces. I cut the pieces to be larger than the band, extending a little in front and behind the band, to increase surface area where they touch my head. It took some effort to get the cover to zip over the foam plus the headband. I tried about 10 different sizes and shapes of foam pieces to get a result that I could wear all day. Patience won out in the end 🙂

I noticed there are some headband covers for other headphones which already have two pads on them, which might save a lot of trouble if they fit, like the one you can find by searching "headband cushions for sennheiser hd280" (there are two types of headbands for the HD280 - one with two cushions, and one that is just a long single cushion).

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

I'm trying to find the product. Can you please provide a link or at least make or model?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

I just got a pair and think the opposite...these things move around my head and won't stay in place.  it's so annoying i'm thinking of returning.  i have a normal sized adult head.