Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - Firmware 1.3.1 - November 18 2019

NCH700_Studio_3.png

On November 18th, 2019, we are releasing the 1.3.1 firmware for the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. This update can be made through the Bose Music App. The firmware release on the Bose Updater Site will be delayed and we will update once we have more information. 

What's in the update?

• Improvements to Multi-Point connections
  • Google Assistant improvements
  • Added Italian voice prompts
  • Fixed an issue where the headset mic would not unmute during calls
  • Added German and Japanese Alexa accent recognition for wake-up word, “Alexa”
  • Bug fixes and improvements
50 REPLIES 50
Neil MIdlane
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - Firmware 1.3.1 - November 18 2019

Any wider details on the "bug fixes and improvements" . Currently unusable on a Microsoft surface pro 2./hp spectre via Bluetooth as per the forum threads. Will test to see if it makes a difference. 

Sam100
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

I appreciate the regular firmware updates to the 700 Headphones but what is critically missing is improvement in the sound quality. That signature Bose bass sound is MISSING on the headphones. The sound quality is sub par. No EQ??

David W
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

When I read the "Improvements to Multi-Point connections" I thought that you had made it possible to actually use multi-point connections but I'm really, really disappointed that this update doesn't fix the constant disconnect/connect to a phone while in a teleconference. 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-NC-700-Constantly-disconnecting-and-conn...

Any thoughts on this?

vamsinuti
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Hi,

This update 1.3.1 really came on time and fixed quality of sound screwed by ver 1.2.11. I was about to return my headphone this weekend due to bad sound quality which I bought 2 weeks before. 

Thank you and now I feel like using Bose headphones!

Anabel
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Hey,

There's a feature I'd like to see urgently in the firmware.

I bought the 700 recently, in fact today. I was so amazed at everything. And then the off/on sound blew up my ears. It was like a small dead fly on my perfect strawberry cake. For some reason, its sound is independent of the headphone volume, and the sfx volume is loud.

Isn't the point of the 700 to have great sound while reducing noise ? Then why does it blare through my ears with its on/off notification ?

Please consider this feature on your next firmware update.

Clemens0815
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

The update via Iphone takes so long that in the meantime the battery of the headset goes out... Unfortunately the NC 700 switches off automatically as soon as you connect it to the charger (very unconvinient by the way). Via btu.bose.com the update aborts after 1% with the message "ups... something went wrong"...

bnewett
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

I agree, I purchased this headphone specifically for using on conference calls.  This is quit impossible when they continue to disconnect and reconnect to other devices during the calls.  This in not a sporadic issue as it occurs on every call I attend throughout the day.

If this is not addressed I will have to return them.

Luke61443
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

I agree! Loud as h e double hockey sticks

Toons114
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Using it the Headset for callconf (Skype) , it is linked via BT on Win10 PC and  a Iphone 8 with the latest firmware.

2 Majors Issues:

When connected to a conf call on the PC (Skype) 2 disconnect/connect Iphone (eared in the headset), then goes to permanent disconnection on the Iphone.

Then forcing the connection on the Iphone (still parallel to the Skype conf), very bad noise with cracking (like the sound you have with a bad wi-fi network) and very difficult to connect to the Bose Music App to acces to the headset interface.

The 1.3.1 wase supposed to improve Multipoint BT connections, it is just aweful in a PC/Iphone configuration please correct ASAP