Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - Firmware 1.3.1 - November 18 2019

@Toons114 you are perfectly right. Plus I would like to add that "Bose Music App" on Android, 95% of time isn't able to connect to headset. I don't know if on iPhone exits same problem, but it's incredible that nobody has noted it.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

What I noticed on my brand new 700 is that randomly it disconnects BT.. so it seems to be an issue there... pls Bose fix it.. at £350 expected perfect performance coming from all the issues with my old qc35 II..

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

1. Just got my replacement pair of NC700 as had multiple problems with them. I noticed the headphones have different lettering at the end of them with an HP at the end. Also they shipped with firmware 1.1.4 which is awesome and will keep to it.A78D4FF9-425B-4A97-95BF-59A4A5F718DD.jpeg71FA1A89-0651-4244-909F-3CFDEED31569.jpeg
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Just loaded this update and a couple observations

1. My headphones previously had a lot of crackling and chopping when connected to the computer.  This no longer appears to be an issue.

2. I was getting frequent disconnects when on conf calls (approx every 15 mins).  That appears to no longer be an issue. 

3. Something to keep in mind with if you have your headphones connected to both a phone and computer.  Sometimes opening an app that has sound (even if none is playing) will take the headphones connection from your computer.  This isn't really a Bose issue per se.  So I just disable my phones Bluetooth if I'm doing work via computer I don't want interrupted. 

4. I'm still testing the computer mic connectivity per https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/700-issues-with-PC-connectivity-and-microphon...

5. I didn't notice the NC decrease but I did notice that occasionally when using the button to flip from no NC to one of the settings with NC it will not turn on.  I have to toggle through the NC presets to get it to turn on.  Something to be aware of.  

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

@neta1o wrote:

3. Something to keep in mind with if you have your headphones connected to both a phone and computer.  Sometimes opening an app that has sound (even if none is playing) will take the headphones connection from your computer.  This isn't really a Bose issue per se.  So I just disable my phones Bluetooth if I'm doing work via computer I don't want interrupted. 

That's really not the issue in https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-NC-700-Constantly-disconnecting-and-conn... though. What happens is that the phone drops BT connection to the NC700 while in a teleconference on the computer, over and over again. And yes, disconnecting BT from the phone would of course remedy that - but then again multipoint BT is a feature that is supposed to work and a reason some of us picked th NC700's up to begin with.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700

I want my 35's back!!!!!!!  These do not stay on my head with the thin headband.  Also, major BT issues with multiple connections even post an update.  Get me my 35's back.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

@SimoneS

The issue isn't fixes (,yet). It lasts since June, FW-Version 3.0.3 for my QC35 series I.

I'm mostly scared about that Bose cant replicate the issue since all of my colleagues and friends are experiencing the issue on their QC35 I and QC35 II. None one of them would have ever bought them with the current ANC abilities.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Hi there I just purchased the 700's 25/12/19 and I  totally agree with your comments.

1. Original Bose sound from QC35 is gone, I have a pair, the high frequencies are not ultra crisp anymore and the midrange/bass is very muddy, not tight which was the defining characteristic of the Bose sound.

2. I thought initially it was a firmware thing, my build date was June 2019 , but unfortunately I checked with the BTU updater , I am on the latest firmware release.

3. Noise cancellation on 10 kills the sound , it sounds very muffled , like there is a veil over the sound , I use Tidal for all my music so it is not the source application 

4. I have reduced the noise cancellation to 7 , but the sound is still very average.

I am quite disappointed with this purchase considering the price.

Bose please

1. Please provide a software equalizer in your app please like Sony, that would really help

2. Please update your firmware to fix the sound issues.

a) High frequencies are not crisp

b) Bass/midrange muddy

c) No separation of instruments

d) Sounds like there is a veil over the sound..please lift the veil

3. I have had your original pair of Bose QC35 for a number of years and they are absolutely brilliant

On a positive note voice conversations are excellent and the noise cancellation is great , but at the expense of sound quality.

Thank You

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

@Wayne_M 

can you please give us an update on this and also the QC35II. We are eating patiently to see if anything else has been found or if an update is coming to solve these problems. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Same problem. Any solutions?