Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2017

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - Firmware 1.3.1 - November 18 2019

Agree. When I wear them on my neck the touch will start/stop music because the touch part makes contact with skin / collarbone...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

I'm having similar issues as Toons114

When connecting 2 devices with multipoint, suddenly a sound trigger on one of the devices starts up a log of cracklink/clicking noises which eventually stop again until it fades away. Afterwards, one of the BT connections is lost. Happens with the following tested combinations

- Samsung A40 (Android 9, latest available patch) and Dell Precision 5520 (Win10)

- Samsung A40 (Android 9, latest available patch) and iPad Air model 2018 (latest available iOS)

quite annoying, and sometimes seems fixed when disconnecting and reconnecting a device, but most of the time isn't.

Availability of full multipoint is *the* main reason I bought this device as I need to be able to call both from Teams on the laptop and call through smartphone.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Hi @Vossiewos ,

this problem was raised many times in this thread. It was introduced with this firmware (that should improve BT connection) and previously everything worked without problems.

Another thing that I have noted is that when you are in a Team call and receive an incoming call from phone, if you answer the phone there isn't automatic switch. I remember that in previous version, when this happen, the communication switch immediately to phone, and this means that you'll be "disconnected" from Team. I don't say that this should be the default behavior but, at least you'll be able to answer the phone.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

I'm not sure other guys rekon the white noise of 700, but for me, it is very annoying. Although the problem of connecting between a bose app and 700 has been solved, it's not a big beal compared to a hiss noise. At night, I could hear the hiss noise when wearing 700 and decreasing the volume of a video what I watched. Well.. I really hope that you staffs recogise this problem and discuss it deep enough.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Hi @hiss,

@hiss wrote:

Although the problem of connecting between a bose app and 700 has been solved

I'm not agree, I'm continuing to have huge connections problems with app and headset. 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

The multiple connexions and connexions problems ARE NOT SOLVED IN ANY WAY

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

I'm not saying anything about the multi-point, jusy saying access to a bose music app.

If that was your recent experience, then, well, ok, but I DON'T CARE, GOT IT?

I wrote what I experienced the solved symptom that finally the bose music app found 700 everytime.

I don't know why you guys replied such aggressively to me. I'm also upset about alot of problem but you don't need to focus to other users. Every person got every single different scenario. You could give other feedback to other users to dissucs it but gently.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

I still experience this issue.

I cannot use NCH 700 with my Phone and computer connected at the same time,

I get the earlier mentioned stutter and noise issues.

What I did was to get in contact with Bose Tech support in my local country  (Sweden).
They told me to perform a factory reset a few times with no improvement.
They then deemed my Headphones as broken and I was asked to send them in for repair/replacement.

I did this and I received a brand new pair! And the first thing I did was to connect them to my computer and phone.
I could at this point not reproduce the issue and I was happy to have found a solution…

But after a while my phone ‘forcefully’ updated my Headphones to the latest firmware, I was fooled by Google assistant since I declined the Music App update

And then the Google assistant wanted to update them instead. This was a mistake..
They updated and I was back to my original problem.

Same sound issues, stutter and I’m unable to use the Headphones on my two devices at the same time (Win PC and Android Phone).

Now I contacted Support for a second time and was told the following.

The NCH 700 does NOT support devices such as Computers, cars or other Bluetooth devices.
ONLY Phones are supported.

I was told that they have not heard about this problem and I mentioned this thread as a reference that I was not alone.
The operator then told me that they have several thousands of devices sold and they do not report this problem so what are a few post in a forum?
In the bigger scale it cannot be a problem with the headphones and I must be one of the unlucky few who is using unsupported hardware in my setup.

What they can do, since they have a policy that if they are unsuccessful to fix my problem, to give me an option to refund me for my head phones.

I’m just sad, I have a pair of QC35 that works flawlessly in this perspective, the downside using them is that its almost impossible to use them for phonecalls/IPCalls/Skype/Teams since they pick up ambiance sound to much.

That was the main reason for me to get the NCH 700.

I will try to push for some info in regards of upcoming Firmware, but perhaps Bose support don’t read or communicate internally things posted in a forum such as this,

Or perhaps he is correct in his assumption that if this was a general issue, there would be much more people contacting support in regards of this.

If you have the possibility, and have the same problem as me, perhaps you should contact your local support and report this.
or we are just the unlucky few who is using the headphones in a unsupported way witch such strange setup as a computer + phone.

I will also try and see what happens if I use two PHONES at the same time, witch from my perspective is a MUCH less common used case for wireless phones…

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

UPDATE!

I was asked to explain the issue in detail and did so, I did also provide an audio sample of the sound issue.
This resulted in a reply that I will have to (patiently) await a new update that will resolve the problem.
Overall a professional management from their support engineer, and I guess await I will…

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

@GliMM Well I think BOSE engineers are not doing anything at all and just browsing reddit and looking at TSLA stock all day long.