Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - Firmware 1.3.1 - November 18 2019

We are A LOT of customers that have this problem. I've given up on this being fixed since they have known about it for 7 MONTHS without even a hint of a solution on the way, it is disgraceful. just as you, I got it for its microphone to use at the office, but it is UNUSABLE since conference calls and multipoint connection doesn't work (along with ALOT of other extremely annoying problems). 

maybe we should contact some big Youtube tech-reviewers like Unbox Therapy and Marques Brownlee (MKBHD) and ask them to bring Bose's absolute disdain for its customers to light. Then even Bose might care.

I'm just furious.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 10, 2018

I have this exact problem as well.  Have you found any fix other than disconnecting one device?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Not really, there is some different behavior depending connection order that I’m trying to sort out.

Also if a program is active that is using the sound card on the PC, (i.e. Spotify running but not actively playing).

That seems to effect the possibility to use Headphones for calls.

QC35 works well in switching between active source and pausing Spotify on my computer when a call comes in, but NC700 seems to have an issue with this as well.

I have managed to get in to a scenario where Spotify works perfectly without stutter, but as mentioned, then phone calls wont work even though phone says it’s connected for media and call.

If I close Spotify and restart the NC700 I get the issue of stuttering once more.

What devices are you using?
Please list your phone and computer model/OS version (and Bluetooth module), I can relay this to the engineer that is working on my issue and so far have been very professional in their way of acting and trying to gather info on how to replicate the problem.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Also its important to keep track on witch of the mentioned issues you experience in this thread whey you state ‘I have the same issue’.
So far there has been several, and some even started to talk about issues with QC35.

Quick recap.

NC700 – Multiple connection issue

1. Not possible to connect at all
  2. Stutter and pauses in audio
  3. Crackle and noise issues
  4. Disconnects during teleconf. Or lost connection after ending a call or unwanted switch between devices

NC700 – General audio issues

1. Sound Quality issues

This has been mentioned in the thread but also been an issue before version 1.3.1

Some posts says its ‘better’ in 1.3.1 but not fixed

1. Noise Cancellation when not playing audio creates pressure/humming
  2. Noise reduction performance

NC700 – App connection issue

NC700 – Dead after update/reset

“Suggested workaround is third party Bluetooth adapter on PC device”

I have not tried this yet.

“Plug the headphones into a different socket and leave them there over night”.

Don’t really understand what this means, ‘Plug in’ as in using cable and not BT?
                Then just leave them running and that would in some way improve audio quality?

My conclusion is that most of the multiple connection issues comes down to the way the headphone tries to identify witch source is active and who to ‘focus on’.

This works just fine with my QC35 and same setup, but after firmware 1.3.1 my brand new NC700 show all of the above mentioned issues with multiple connections, though in somewhat different scenarios.

In my case I got a new pair through support and I can confirm that they worked and not experiencing ‘Stutter and pauses in audio’ or ‘Crackle and noise issues’.

But as soon as they updated, then I was back to broken state.

It would be great to be able to downgrade the firmware, especially for troubleshooting but of course I’m so annoyed that I have so many issues with such an expensive top of the line pair of hardware.

Bose has stated that Computer as a source is ‘not supported’, but to be honest I think if the statement was otherwise, Bose has to take responsibility for all imaginable set ups and weird behavior that can be created by a PC setup.

So far they have been forthcoming in their questions and assistance on my open ticket.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 10, 2018

@GliMM Thanks for the details.  It's the cracking issue I'm referring to when multi-connected.  When connected to my laptop (MAC) and listening to music, if my phone is also connected, I get the cracking sound.  Only solution is to disconnect the phone.  All this since the recent 1.3.1 upgrade.  Tried different phones, removing Bose music app (leaving bluetooth connection intact).

I also have a pair of QC35II which weren't without their own issues, but multi-point connection wasn't one of them.  I have to go all the way back to the QC25 to remember a time when I had ZERO issues with Bose.  The multi-point connection is the only thing keeping me interested, other than that, I'd be off to Sony 🙂 

FTR, I didn't (or at least not intentionally) simply random post at the end of a long thread.  I was replying directly to a post from @SimoneS but it seems Bose don't do forums very well either.

Same problem raised for iPhone it's present in Android. If you have two devices connected at the same time (e.g. laptop + phone), during playback, you can hear a continuous cracking!

The only way to solve it's to disconnect one device.

If you need two devices always connected I suggest to not update. This update definitely not improve multi-point connections but instead it insert a bug that doesn't permit to use device correctly.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Hi @GliMM I would like to add to your list what I consider problems:

• The Noise cancelling quality, when you don't list music, it was reduced by 1.3.1 firmware
  • The missing option to rollback firmware

@neilobrien You are perfectly right. There wasn't any official reply from Bose in this thread. I hope that thread should not reach the dimension of QC35II to have some Bose reply. 

I know that timeline to release a new firmware could be long, but in this case the 'crackling' problem is evident, and maybe the should think to come out with an hot fix (with the risk to worsen situation).

The easiest solution for me is to give the opportunity to rollback firmware. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

I would like to also confirm that I am experiencing reduced noise canceling capability since the last firmware update.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Yeah, identical problem here with the active noise canceling! Waiting patiently for the new Sony's WH-1000XM4 to be released. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2019

Do some search on web, you'll find the tools and instructions you'll need on one of the forums that i do not want to write here but you know it is red :)), best wishes from version 1.09 no problem at all

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Hello Please add in future update opportunity to bind anc off, because even on 0 level it has some noise. And one more thing. I bought this model, because it has less audio delay then qc35II, but it still there. You can simply check it, when you dial the number in phone app on iPhone(example) with headphone and on built-in speaker, it has delay from tap number on screen and to beep on your headphones. If it software issue, would be great if you add opportunity to turn on game mode for example, low audio quality but no delay. Thanks