Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ayden Mudge
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - Firmware 1.3.1 - November 18 2019

Hi yes, I just bought the same headphones today. I updated and now I am experiencing the exact same thing you are. I'm also getting random squeaking after I pause and play music or youtube.

Buffalo_Sabres
Collaborator
Registered since

May 27, 2019

I have qc35 before and then when i want to go 15 seconds ahead I press answering button twice and if i want to go back 3 times 

How do i do that on my 700 modell ?

Ayden Mudge
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

@Buffalo_Sabres I'd recommend consulting the owners manual. For skipping songs its just swipping forwards or backwards on the right ear cup. but if you want to scroll forwards or backwards in a song then I don't think the headphones have that functionality sadly. 

dredington
Participant
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

Going to add my details here as well.  

Problems I'm experiencing:
1. Stuttering/Choppy sound making the headphones almost unusable

• Happens whether I'm connected to a single device or multiple.  Seems to be a bit worse when connected to multiple devices, but its a major problem either way
  • MacBook Pro or iPhone X

2. When I start a Google Meets conference call the sound quality is very tin-like (less of a problem for me, but confirming what I've seen other posting about)

Product: Bose NC 700 Headphones

Firmware Version: 1.3.1-2028+de73ce1

Things I've tried to resolve the problem:
1. Reset the Bluetooth module on my MacBook Pro

2. Reset all Bluetooth devices on the Headphones

3. Reset headphones (via holding down the power button while plugging in the USB-C for power)

4. Restart my MacBook Pro

5. Only connect to one device (tried both the iPhone X and the MacBook Pro)

6. Turning off Noise Cancelling (both via the headphones and from the app)

None of these attempts fixed the problem.

MacBook Pro Info:

2017 (15 inch)

iPhone X Info:

Hopefully this helps, would love to get an update to fix these problems.  Love the headphones otherwise.

neilobrien
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 10, 2018

Do some search on web, you'll find the tools and instructions you'll need on one of the forums that i do not want to write here but you know it is red :)), best wishes from version 1.09 no problem at all

This worked for me as well.  Do at your own risk though, your mileage may vary.

sethsak
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

@dredington I have the exact same issues and setup!

darkrinthan
Participant
Registered since

Jan 28, 2020

downgrade to version 1.09 fixed all my issues... Ask google how to do it

Vossiewos
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

Personally, I'm getting mildly annoyed that several people here say they have found the solution, that red is part of the solution (by now I assume reddit?) and that you should find it on Google

Brilliant. Since there are a lot of non-native-English people around here, some of us might have some trouble finding the correct key-word combination to get a meaningful search-result on this. Also even then, google comes up with hundreds of results. So which one is the one that you actually used? 

What am I missing here, Is offering the actual solution to a problem with a $300 headphone forbidden, that I have to play hide and seek to find what is the complete picture of a working solution? 

GliMM
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

You are partially correct

The suggestion to downgrade is something that in essential voids the warranty and could in a worst case scenario result in a broken device.

My guess is that the advice to downgrade is also somewhat complex, and for that reason a guide on how to this could be served with a simple “filter”.

If you can’t google it, you should not try it 🙂

This is only my personal guess, but I agree that the secrecy is some what abundant, but again, IF someone take up the advice and breaks their device you are on you own.

I talked to my Bose contact in regards of downgrading and they did not want to tell me how this could be done, not even for troubleshooting purposes.

Even though their statement was that I could get ‘unexpected behavior’ and that ‘issues resolved in latest firmware could come back again’.

GliMM
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

I have successfully downgraded and so far not been able to reproduce the issue with stutter and chopping sound when playing spotify and having my phone connected!

I’m not without issues though.

There is no seamless switch between devices as with my QC35, incoming call will pause running audio, but for some reason do NC700 use call audio on the phone, media audio works fine, and if I start audio on my phone it plays in NC700

I will do some more testing though...