mcullum
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - Firmware 1.3.1 - November 18 2019

The update is painfully slow on IOS. It's at 75% after waiting for more than an hour... With Bluetooth being what it is nowadays it should easily be possible for updates to transfer within a few minutes. As a software developer myself it's very upsetting for me to see Bose skimping on the level effort they put into their software. I've been a loyal Bose customer for years but with all the recent software issues Sony is looking more and more appealing.

GliMM
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

I still have sound quality issues using them as headset with Skype/Teams meetings.
After a while sound becomes distorted and i have to disconnect and reconnect to restore quality.

Sometimes it becomes a problem almost immediatly.

Issues using both PC/Bluetooth and using Android Phone/Bluetooth and the Teams App

Neil MIdlane
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

The only fix currently is a third party Bluetooth adapter on my surface laptop 2.

SimoneS
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Same problem raised for iPhone it's present in Android. If you have two devices connected at the same time (e.g. laptop + phone), during playback, you can hear a continuous cracking! 

The only way to solve it's to disconnect one device.

If you need two devices always connected I suggest to not update. This update definitely not improve multi-point connections but instead it insert a bug that doesn't permit to use device correctly.

Thestud54
Participant
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

I have to disagree, i missed that pressure feeling.  The last release or two felt like the NC was not working or not as effective.

celasys
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

Please provide detailed change list. We are here to figure out if the bugs we are having have been fixed. "Bug Fixes and improvements" is not sufficient. 

Toons114
Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Totally agree, regarding what has been done on the last Frame firmware, the Bose signature is absolutly not there .... and in addition due to the fact that the signature is not there the NC comes oppressive

Toons114
Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Same sensation 

Drixs
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

Hello,

For my part, I always have audio interruptions during listening music. I also noticed a decrease in noise reduction performance.

Regards, Drixs

SimoneS
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Hi,

I'm continuing to test this firmware version (also because rollback isn't possible). Also from my side I can confirm a reduction of NC efficiency, especially in open office. Before this firmware I was able to work in open space without problems, now the voices around are clearly audible also when I'm listening musics.

I hope that a new update will be release soon without wait an entire month. Also because if you don't offer rollback support you should, at least, react promptly to raised users problems with at least a minor release.

Could be helpful know the Bose opinion, with posts on this forum. 

Thanks