Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Noise Cancelling Headphones 700: Mic mutes if other side speaks

I am using my NC 700 in work for video conferences. Since I am partly working in a very noisy environment (e.g. colleagues doing video conferences at the same time in the same room), I like the feature that surrounding noise is filtered out for the microphone. But there seems to be a bug: my own voice is filtered out too in case any other party of the video conference is speaking. Although I usually do not interrupt anybody other's speak, in some circumstances it is necessary to do this ... I then end up in crying into the mic, but nobody else in the telco hears me ...

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700: Mic mutes if other side speaks

Hey tschoo, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! I am sorry to read that you have experienced some odd mic issues with your headphones and would love to look into this further for you. 

I would like to start by knowing a little more about which platform you use the headphones on and if the issues constantly or occasionally happens. If you could also let me know any troubleshooting steps that you have attempted so far that would be very helpful. 

A few steps that I would like us to start with if you haven't performed any steps so far would be to test a few calls on other devices to see if you have the same experience, as well as ensuring that the headset is running the latest software version by connecting it to a PC and heading to our Bose Online Updater, then please follow the onscreen instructions. 

I look forward to hearing back from you and if any other users are having a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Hi Hector,

thank you for your response. I upgraded to 1.3.1, but with no change. Some additional infos:

* Platform: Windows 10, Skype for Business

* The issues occur constantly. Even in case that there is some background noise at the remote side of the Skype conference, my voice is partly or completely suppressed

* I attempted to change some of the settings (noise suppression, own voice), but no significant change

* I have no similar problems with other headsets

Highlighted

Hello tschoo, 

Thanks for confirming. This isn't something we have experienced in personal testing. 

If possible, can you please try Skype for Business on another computer to see if the issue persists? Additionally, does this only occur on that service? Have you tried any other audio call applications on the same computer? Finally, do you have the same issue when used with a smartphone? 

I'll look forward to your reply. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

I found my way to this thread because I am having the exact same problem. I can be talking just using a conference bridge and while I can continue to hear others, they can no longer hear me. I take off the Bose 700 and pop in my AirPods and I am back in business. This has happened 3 times the past 3 weeks, including times when I am leading webcasts. This is a real problem. And trying the steps that have been suggested so far has not resolved it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Quick update. I had a problem getting the Bose Updater to work. But I did just now get it to launch and update my headphones. At the end there was a message listing what updates had taken place, including one that said "Fixed an issue where headset mic would not unmute during calls". Have not had a chance to put that to the test yet, and I should also note that with my problem I had not muted the microphone to begin with. But we'll see, for now at least I have hope, and along with that, hopefully a solution.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Hey tschoo, were you able to fix this issue? I am experiencing the same problem using NC 700 with latest firmware on MacOS while on a call in Amazon Chime, so it's definitely not computer-side related.

The issue really is that when I am on a call and trying to talk when someone is already talking, my mic just doesn't pick up MY voice at all as if to prevent talking over other people, but it's actually making it worse by doing so to the point that I need to revert back to another microphone device.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2020

same exact issue.... about to return my headphones