Thanasi21
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 PS4 Mic Compatibility

I currently own the QC35’s (version 1) and love using them as a mic with my PlayStation 4 Pro. I had to buy the Android mic wire for the QC25’s to make it work, but it was worth it. Sadly the set is in pretty bad condition now, and I’m either looking to buy replacement ear muffs or upgrade to the 700’s. Does anyone know if the 700’s will be compatible with the PS4 Pro (or any gaming consoles) with a wireless/wired setup? I’d be willing to buy a new wire to make it compatible as well, but I don’t want to buy the new headphones if it can’t work. Also, will I have to wait a while after the 700’s come out to get this question answered?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 PS4 Mic Compatibility

Hi there @Thanasi21, and welcome to the Community!

This is an interesting question, and one that I have just spent time checking and confirming for you. Whilst I stress that this headset is not primarily designed as a gaming headset; I personally have an interest in games so I was looking forward to find out for you!

When the conventional audio cable is used (Without the microphone adapter) this will work as a headset, but the PS4 will not detect the inbuilt microphone.

However, when used with the QC25's microphone cable, we were able to use this as both the headset and the microphone, in the same way that the QC35's were able to be used!

This meant that we were able to get full functionality with this headset. 

Please note that these Headphones are not officially released yet, and we are still working on checking, testing and confirming many of the things that can be done with these new headphones. Once these have been officially released we will finish our own testing of the products, and post updates on the Community for everyone to be able to see.

I hope this helps answer your question, and that you're as excited for these headphones as we are!

Liam W - Community Support

Molluskunk
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to look in to this!  I have a similar question but regarding the PC microphone.  Will 700's be able to use the microphone and listen to audio without degraded quality as referenced in these posts (i.e. the Handsfree and Headset profiles)?  This is the make or break decision on whether I upgrade my QC35 IIs (which I love except for this annoyance).  I wear my headphones for most of the day at work taking lots of calls and then I go home and play games - would love if I had one headset to do it all.

Hi @Molluskunk ,

I can certainly see the practicality of a 1-headset-fits-all mechanic, so have spent a little longer looking into this for you!

Using Bluetooth, after testing this through Skype, I can confirm that we got both the Headset and the Mic to work almost instantly, all it took was connecting these and setting these as the headset from the Sound Settings.

Once on the phone call, the call quality was very clear, and was of the same quality as taking a phone call with a phone/mobile device.

I then tested this with Discord audio calls, and confirmed the same quality here - so this should be the same for most platforms that you choose to use.

Following this, I tested this through the cabled method. This worked almost identically to the way we connected to the PS4 above. Because the port on the headphones is an audio port, and not a data port, the QC25 Microphone cable was required in this setup as a microphone, regardless whether a headset or headphone/microphone port was used.

I hope this is what you're looking for, and please let me know if you have any questions!

Liam W

Molluskunk
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Thank you for looking in to it and your responsiveness!  

Just to clarify - the scenario I'm looking for is listening to game audio while being on voice chat (either built-in-game or via Discord).  Right now with my QC35 II, if the mic is being used as an input device (Handsfree profile) then there's a quiet hum and I don't get any other system audio output.  If I only listen to the game (Stereo profile) then the audio quality is fine but I'm not able to use the microphone for input.  Can you confirm that I can listen to game audio at high quality while using the mic as an input (over Bluetooth ideally, but I'd also be willing to purchase a QC 25 cable if that was the only way to make it work).  If you could also confirm that there's been a change in Bluetooth profiles in the 700 vs QC35 II then I will submit my preorder right away 🙂

Thank you again!

Hello Molluskunk,

Thank you for your questions regarding the Bose Noise Cancelling 700 headphones. 

I am afraid that we currently do not have all of the specifications information for these headphones, however there is a 30 day trial period on our products which may be of interest to you to test and ensure that your headset works fully to your desired functions. 

However from the tests we have performed to simulate this, it would elude that what you are trying to achieve with your headset may be possible, but I can not confirm that as there are many third party variables which could also play a part in altering the results. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M

Molluskunk
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Thank you! Does the 25% restocking fee apply to headphones returned in the 30 day trial period?

Hello Molluskunk,

Thank you for your question!

The 25% restocking fee only applies to the QC35 Custom headphones. For all information regarding our returns policy, please check out our Returns and Exchanges page on our website which can be found here. 

I hope this helps.

Tegan M 

Decha
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

Just so I'm understanding correctly. Voice for the new 700 headphones will only work in wired mode via the QC25 inline microphone? So the advertised snazzy 8 microphone system for superior voice pickup and call quality features will all be lost, and voice will run through the little inline microphone?

I pre-ordered largely for the mic system, if I can't use it in wired mode I fear it'll be a deal breaker and quick return.
L1732usa
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Hi there @Liam_W 

I am a consumer looking into buying the Bose 700 headphones but I don’t understand if they work for the ps4. In ur previous statements you talked about using the QC 25 cable to be able to use the mic on the ps4. I just want to confirm if I need to buy the QC 25 cable in order to use the Bose 700 mic on ps4.

Thank you