Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Noise cancelling does not work

When I use a wired connection to a windows PC, turning on the noise cancelling feature of my 700s mutes the audio.  I can hear the audio fine if I turn off the headset (losing the noise cancelling feature).

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Noise cancelling does not work

Hello Josiah, 

Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with the noise cancellation of your Noise Cancellation Headphones 700. 

Does this issue occur when you connect your headphones to another device?

Do these features work fine when you use a Bluetooth connection with your Windows PC?

Can you also please inform us of the model of your PC also?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Hi Tegan, 

This is the QC 35 I (first edition) not the 700. I cannot hear the noise cancellation or the audio at all. 

Does this issue occur when you connect your headphones to another device?

Yes, to any device PC or iPhone. I don't have any issue connecting it to a device. 

Do these features work fine when you use a Bluetooth connection with your Windows PC?

The bluetooth acts like its playing and if I select something on my PC to play, it plays it but I don't hear anything. 

Can you also please inform us of the model of your PC also?

I use a Dell Inspiron Core i5 7th Gen. The Majority of the time, I use it with my iPhone X and it shows it getting connected and when I play that it should be playing on the headphones but the audio is dead on the headphones. 

Highlighted

Hey josiah_P,

Thanks for clarifying that for us.

I have seen from your other post that you have done all fo the troubleshooting we would recommend at this point. As this has not worked, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let us know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.