Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2020

Noise cancelling keeps resetting itself on qc35ii

just got these headphones and every time I set the noise cancellation to low and come back to wear them again, it resets to high. I have to keep changing it every time I turn the headphone on and off to save battery. How do I fix this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Noise cancelling keeps resetting itself on qc35ii

Hi dgreen97,

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. 

The headphones once turned on will go back to their default High setting, this can not be saved at this time. We will however pass this suggestion onto the development team. 

Have a great day.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2020

Thanks yes please pass this on, It's annoying having to reset the noise cancellation every single time. If this was updated in the firmware that would be awesome

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

I would like to second this request. I think this is important for health and safety reasons though.  

The reason I say this is that with noise cancelling on high, my ears feel like they are under pressure within the ear canal. I use to suffer from tinnitus and it was mostly gone.  After a period of extensive, but low background level study music off my QC35s, my tinnitus is back.  Health issues are complicated and direct relationships are hard to identify. However, my ears feel significantly less strained with the noise cancelling off.

There is basically nothing online at all about any real link between ear health and noise cancelling, except for this forum thread. Tinnitus itself is poorly understood. 

I will continue to keep turning the noise cancelling off each time. Thankfully iOS has learned to suggest the Connect app each time I turn them on.

Please seriously consider saving the previously used noise cancelling setting.