Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Consultdia
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Noise coming though microphone - people in meetings can hear

I was using the new 700 - bought it specifically so it could cancel noise around me, and when in meetings the participants wouldn’t hear ambient noise in the room around me.  I am sharing a room and need complete privacy for work calls. I was told during a meeting yesterday that they could hear the noise around me even though I had it on noise cancelling 10 setting. A millennial mentioned it was likely coming through my microphone - which I need to speak during meetings!  I can also still hear noise outside though muffled a fair amount. Whats the solution.?  They were an expensive update to my old set but not working as well!  

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_W

Re: Noise coming though microphone - people in meetings can hear

Hello Consultdia, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community forums. 

I can appreciate this is frustrating. Let's see what we can do.

The microphone is tuned to pick up the typical frequencies of a human voice. Microphone volume is automatically adjusted for softer or louder voices. In environments where a voice is in the background, that voice might be identified as a softer voice and made audible in the phone call.

Whilst it is unusual for these headphones to be picking up large amounts of noise, sometimes talking louder allows the communication microphone to pick up your voice over background voices and/or sounds in the same frequency range. It’s important to note that mobile devices and cell networks may also perform automatic gain adjustments to the communication microphones’ audio path, try another mobile device and see if the far end audio improves. 

Do let me know if you have any questions. I would be interested to see how the headphones perform with another device? If you are still having issues after that, it would be great to know what type of call you are making and which devices you have tried? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Eli A
Participant
Registered since

Jan 28, 2021

Re: Noise coming though microphone - people in meetings can hear

Hi, 

I recently purchased a Bose NC 700 Headphones, I was very excited to use on my zoom or video calls, I was expecting that the microphone will mute at least some level of the background noise. But during recording all the noise from kids since working and home schooling from home can be heard. 

Appreciate your orientation