Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2020

Not able to connect additional devices to NC 700 - BUGGY SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE INTEGRATION

Not able to connect to 3rd application if 2 devices are already connected to NC 700 and there is an audio/call going on. Other day I was in a meeting and my phone was about to die, so I wanted to switch the audio to a Laptop which was not paired with the headphone already. But the neither the Bose Music App or Headphones let me start the pairing until I had to switch off the Bluetooth of my Phone which is like severing the connection between the Phone and Headphones. Only then I was able to pair the Laptop with the headphones. Also switching audio output between devices is an extremely poor experience. Even moving from a mobile phone call to a Webex call on a laptop is nearly painful. And most important of all is that the Bose Music APP is so buggy. Sometimes it will show the phone as disconnected even when the head phones are connected to the phone.

I am a long time user of Bose products and has always preferred them over other brands. Due to this I got the Bose NC 700 with very high hopes and chose them over the Sony NCs due to Sony's poor after sales support that some of my friends has faced. But after using them for quite some time now, I am very disappointed. I didn't expect this kind of poor hardware and software integration from a $400 headphones.  Moreover this switching and pairing issues should be seamless and there should be a way to pair even if there is any audio going on any device. This should happen with the click of a button and should not even depend on the app. I have a pair of 5 year old SoundLink headphones and sometimes I feel like software and hardware  integration wise, those are much better than this new ones.

Please fix these things in next build/release of your software and firmware. These are very basic things to have in a headphone nowadays. No doubt other brands are gaining lead over Bose nowadays!!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Not able to connect additional devices to NC 700 - BUGGY SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE INTEGRATION

Hey SaptarshiD, 

Thank you for your post and welcome the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your  NC700 headphones and will be more than happy to help you in any way that I can. 

Can you tell me if you have attempted any troubleshooting steps?

If not, I would recommend starting off with a reset of the headphones by following the instructions which are outlined HERE. I would also recommend that you delete the application and then reinstall it. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2020

Re: Not able to connect additional devices to NC 700 - BUGGY SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE INTEGRATION

I have been only using the headphones for 2 weeks now. Don't think resetting the headphones will help resolve the issues I have mentioned. This looks like a product issue and the way the headphone is designed. Same issues have been outlined by many other people on other 3rd Party websites.