Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Not able to use the internal MIC of the Bose NC700 UC on a ZOOM meeting in conjunction USB Link

SUMMARY:    When using the internal microphone of the Bose NC700 UC headphones for a ZOOM call and connected via with the Bose USB link, I hear Dial Tone. 

SOLUTION:    Disconnecting the Bose USB link, and connecting to my computer via Bluetooth resolves the problem of the Dial Tone being heard.

QUESTION:  What is the use of having a USB link when it does not function?

Bose product name NC 700 UC (852267-0100)

Country USA

Firmware Version

(USB Link V0074)

App Version

(4.1.1)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13.5.1)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

HOW I GOT THERE:

STEP 1            Click LINK from Microsoft Outlook Email with ZOOM meeting invitation.

STEP 2            Select Launch Meeting

STEP 3            Open Zoom Meetings

STEP 4            Select Test Speaker and Microphone

STEP 5            Within the SPEAKER  1 OPTION: Select Headset Earphone (Bose USB Link)

STEP 6            Within the MICROPHONE  1 OPTION: Select Microphone (Marantz Umpire Mic) which is connect in the USB input of my laptop.

To make dial tone go away I need to:

STEP 1            Within the MICROPHONE  1 OPTION: Select Microphone (Marantz Umpire Mic)

STEP 2            Close ZOOM

STEP 3            Open ZOOM and the last setting will be the default (Select Microphone - Marantz Umpire Mic)

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

1. Bose USB Link is installed and syncing with Bose Noise Cancelling 700UC headphones.
  2. I am the HOST who is starting the ZOOM call.
  3. After 3 seconds I hear Dial Tone.
  4. After 25 seconds, I hear BEEP, BEEP, BEEP for an additional 10 seconds
  5. I am not able to remove the Dial Tone.  I close ZOOM, and the Dial Tone remains in my headphones. (Steps 4 & 5 need to run its course and end on its own.

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(Home Office 35 dB, A Weighted)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?  

This product has never worked correctly since the original purchase on November 10, 2020.  Bose issues replacement which arrived on November 17, 2020. Same results.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Reset the headphones, updated firmware on USB Link.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Not able to use the internal MIC of the Bose NC700 UC on a ZOOM meeting in conjunction USB Link

Hey @GMan007

Thank you for providing so much detail in your response. This is super helpful. 

However, you have mentioned an internal microphone and also provided an external mic (Marantz Umpire Mic). So I just need some clarification if you hear this tone when using the external. This could be some interference causing this. 

If you are using the external mic, to eliminate interference as the issue, could you try using the internal mic to see if you still have the same issue?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Re: Not able to use the internal MIC of the Bose NC700 UC on a ZOOM meeting in conjunction USB Link

Hello and thanks for the quick turnaround in communication. On November 21, 2020 at 8:45 pm PST, I perform the following tests.
1. Disconnected the Marantz Professional Umpire (Desktop USB Condenser Microphone)
2. Paired the Bose NC 700UC headphones to the USB Link.
3. Opened up ZOOM to host a meeting.
4. Zoom Opens up.
5. I immediately hear Dial Tone. I do not have the opportunity to select:
a. Join with Computer Audio
b. Test Speaker and Microphone
6. After 25 seconds, I hear BEEP, BEEP, BEEP for an additional 10 seconds
7. I am not able to remove the Dial Tone. I close ZOOM, and the Dial Tone remains in my headphones. (Steps 5 & 6 need to run its course and end on its own.

NEW TEST
1. Connected the Marantz Professional Umpire (Desktop USB Condenser Microphone)
2. The Bose NC 700UC headphones is already paired to the USB Link.
3. Open up ZOOM to host a meeting.
4. Zoom Opens up.
5. No Dial Tone.
6. I do have the opportunity to select
a. Join with Computer Audio
b. Test Speaker and Microphone
7. I select Test Speaker and Microphone
8. Speaker 1: Headset Earphone (2-Bose USB Link) I hear tone here. That is exactly what I should hear.
9. Microphone 1: Microphone (Marantz Umpire Mic) I speak and hear my voice through the Bose NC700UC headphones. That is exactly what I should hear.
10. This configuration works correctly.

SUMMARY
I am not able to use the internal microphone of the Bose NC700 UC headphones on a ZOOM meeting in conjunction with the Bose USB link
I can Bose NC700 UC headphones for listening only and the Marantz Professional Umpire (Desktop USB Condenser Microphone) to deliver excellent speech intelligibility.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

i tried to see if i have the same problem - my zoom with bose 700 (not uc) and the usb link modules (bought separately) work fine.

when i open zoom (start zoom.exe) i have many options and it doesn't start a meeting immediately. I can go into the settings and set everything I need before I run anything on zoom. In particular, I can tell zoom to use the sound from my computer - not a phone line and also set my microphone to Bose USB Link (german version):

escape_0-1606126382134.png

Then, when I have a meeting, I can start my audio and video output with a click.   

You may also look out into your soundsettings and activate USB Link as your main audio input source (german version):

escape_1-1606126500142.png

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Hello.  I appreciate the feedback and additional screen shots you provided above. I am followed your steps above, and my Bose NC700UC headphones continue to listen to Dial Tone anytime the microphone from the BOSE Headphones/USB Link is used. The configuration below continues to deliver Dial Tone.

GMan007_0-1606248027609.png