Not pairing with synology

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer

Not pairing with synology

Hello,

My headphone QC35II doesn’t want to pair with my Synology DS716+II, the Bluetooth dongle that I’m using is LM506 from lm technologies, it should be compatible with QC35II according to support. Beats solo connect without any problem. Does anyone have any suggestions I could try? Does anyone have experience in connecting Bose headphones to a Synology ? I’ve tried clearing list and I’ve updated the headphones to the latest firmware via pc.
14 REPLIES

Re: Not pairing with synology

Hi Flash2,

Thanks for posting. That is interesting. Could I ask, Does the headset seem to work properly on other devices? Have you tried it with a mobile device like a cell phone?

Please come back and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Wistful Whisperer

Hello,

Yes the headset works flawless with other devices, it just doesn’t work on DS716+II, which I specifically bought it for. The Bluetooth dongle that I have is this one
https://www.lm-technologies.com/product/bluetooth-usb-adapter-4-0-dual-mode-class-2-lm506/

And other devices ( amazon audio, beats solo) connect perfectly within seconds. The Bose support told me that in theory the dongle that I have should work. But it’s connected to Synology instead of windows. I hope I can get this to work soon. The dongle is Broadcom chipset, many dongles have that, and many people also have a Synology. So I hope it works soon, maybe with a firmware update or so, or any other solutions are welcome.

Thanks
Wistful Whisperer

Any other suggestions I can try?

Hi Flash2,

Thanks for responding. Could you verify how you are trying to connect to your Synology DS716+II? I assume you are connecting your NAS drive to a computer and trying to stream music through your computer to your headphones via Bluetooth? I was unfamiliar with your drive so I looked at your manual that you can see here.

Synology NAS User's Guide

Could you provide more detail on how the drive is connected?

Regards,

Tony G

Wistful Whisperer

I am trying to connect qc35 directly to ds716+II so that my headphone is directly connected, then I open app on iOS called audio station and choose a speaker ( at this moment I choose amazon audio or beats solo, these are the ones connecting with ds716+II without a problem using Bluetooth ) then when I play a song it plays directly to amazon audio or beats solo without the use of a computer in between. I do not have to connect headset to computer or phone in that way.

Edit: please keep in mind that I have successfully connected beats solo and amazon audio to the server without any problem. Only the qc35II doesn’t want to do it.

Flash2

Thanks for the additional information. It does sound like a compatibility issue. The QC35 II supports Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP); Hands Free (HFP); Headphones (HSP); Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP); BTLE (Bluetooth Low Energy); and NFC. Could you verify what profiles are supported by your Bluetooth dongle?

Regards,

Tony G

Wistful Whisperer

This is the data sheet of the Bluetooth dongle that I have, if that’s the problem then I will buy a new one.

https://www.lm-technologies.com/lm_downloads/LM506_DATASHEET.pdf

Thank you for your help

Hi Flash2,

Thanks for responding. I can't find anything on the spec sheet that you linked that lists the profiles. If it was me I would start there but we can't guarantee. I would reach out the dongles manufacturer for assistance. 

'

Does anyone in the community have this NAS drive and can offer suggestions for this user?

Regards,

Tony G

Quiet Contributor

I just bought a new QC 35 II and i also have a synology. Wasnt my goal to connect it to it, but i will give it a try and let you guys know if i manage to have sucess.