Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

Notification sounds

I am not receiving notification sounds to my QC35ii from my Samsung Galaxy S8 and it is becoming very annoying.  I have both the Bose connect app and the Google assistant app on my S8, have gone through many options but can't seem to figure this out.  Can someone help me with this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Notification sounds

Author Accepted Answer selected by bellamonieman

@bellamonieman, thanks, for confirming that, could you please try the following steps and let me know how you get on?

1. Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.

2. Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hi bellamonieman,

Sorry to hear that you're not getting notifications from your headphones.

When you visit the Bose Connect app and visit your device settings have you ensured that voice prompts are enabled?

I would also suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Let us know how you get on.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

Verified both app and cellphone settings and voice prompts are on

Did a reset of the QC35ii as suggested.

The only difference that I now notice, is that the headset's volume decreases when a notification comes in, however, I do not hear any notification sounds

Highlighted

Hi Bellamonieman, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

I would recommend making sure that our source device is not in 'Silent'. This may alter whether you can hear the tones. 

Let me know! 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

Double checked and the QC35ii are not on silent mode.  

Author Accepted Answer selected by bellamonieman

@bellamonieman, thanks, for confirming that, could you please try the following steps and let me know how you get on?

1. Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.

2. Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.

I look forward to hearing from you!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

Just noticed that when my QC35II are linked to my smart TV then I will not receive any notification sounds.  As soon as I unlinked, all notification sounds are now working.  No big problem but good to know.