Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

OE2 Relacement Cushions

I ordered replacement cushions for my OE2 Headphones.  The edge of the earcup cushion skirt that goes into the slot behind the earcup flange is made of a different material than the original cushions.  The original is made of a leather like material that makes it easy to install.  The replacement set has an edge made of a plastic like material that does not stretch as easily so is more difficult, if not impossible, to put on.  I tried for over an hour and was unsuccessful.  Anyone else have this difficulty?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 22, 2020

Re: OE2 Relacement Cushions

Same experience here.  So far have been unable to get them on.  They are smaller than the originals.  Can't believe these got past Bose quality control.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 22, 2020

Yep, just ripped one them trying to get them on.  Impossible.  These are going back.  Let the CEO of Bose try to replace these.  What poor quaility.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Stephen - I got replacements from customer service an managed to them on, but it was a struggle.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Hi, I find the same. I tried warming the cups up to allow the inner ring to expand, but still no joy. I'm going to try the service centre next...

they've had a good long life, but there is nowt wrong with them other than the flaky ear foam....

I even bought real bose items, figuring anything else won't work...

I'm glad I'm not the only one

thanks

Highlighted

Hello everyone, 

This does sound strange. All of our headphone cushions are made to be replaceable. And I, myself have never had an issue swapping out the cushions. It may be that you have purchased a different version of cushions. The easiest way to test this would be to give us a call and speak to our customer service team. We would be more than happy to help! 

You can reach your local team here

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!