Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

On Ear Wireless headphones won`t pair with my Samsung Galaxy S20

I Have Just updated to a Samsung Galaxy S20 5G phone and I can not get it to pair with my headphones I have tried everything in the Troubleshooting section but still no joy The phone does detect the headphones but messages Couldn`t connect 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: On Ear Wireless headphones won`t pair with my Samsung Galaxy S20

Hello mckenzie1753, 

I am sorry that since updating your phone you're unable to connect your headphones. We would love to do what we can to help. 

You have said to have already performed some troubleshooting, can you let us know what steps you have already performed? We wouldn't want to re-advise you 😊

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

I have cleared all bluetooth devices off   both phone and headphones and gone through all the steps of switching on and off as quoted on your trobleshooting page but i am having no luck whatsoever It worked perfectly with My Samsung S8 

Highlighted

Thanks for that confirmation. 

Have you ever been able to get a successful connection to your Galaxy S20?

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below. 

• Power off your product
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger
  • Wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset
  • Wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

Do let us know how you get on.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Done all that Still comes up as Couldn`t connect I have never been able to pair it up in two weeks since I had the phone

Thanks for confirming @mckenzie1753.

Let's also make sure that your On-Ear wireless headphones are up to date. Please go to btu.bose.com on your computer and follow the instructions.

Have you since been able to pair with your old Samsung S8 or any other devices? 

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Hi Yes I found out that the Samsung S20 had a faulty bluetooth  connection It has since been returned for exchange and I went back to my ols S8 and they are working perfectly Thank you very much for your help Very much appreciated 

James 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2020

Hi. I am replying to this thread because I am having the same issues connecting to my wireless headphones. I was on a samsung a7 and went to a samsung s20 fe. I have tried all the steps you mentioned on this thread. I can get the phone to connect to my TV, my speaker bar and even my car. They won't connect to the phone. I even installed the newest software from your site to the headphones. What else do you recommend? They are the Bose Sound Sport headphones. 

Highlighted

@nsriderman05 Thanks for chiming in! As you have a different set of headphones, clearing the pairing list would be a different process. To do this, hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then, on your phone, ensure that you remove any entry of the headphones from the Bluetooth list. Now reconnect them.

Let me know if you were able to this time.

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!