Aiman
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

May 1, 2019

Re: Options to downgrade

This is so frustrating as the problem hasn't been solved yet and I still feel that the upgrade didn't change anything it only made the noise cancelling worst. Why would I recommend someone to buy such an expensive headset if they will hear the person sitting 200m away from them. 

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

>This is so frustrating as the problem hasn't been solved yet

1. Bose has not taken ownership of this through any statements here.  They continue to claim the most recent firmware version had no impact on ANC

2. Even if they did, they would not tell us they did and we would not know anything until the next firmware update and we as customers tested the ANC for changes

3. Firmware changes don't happen very often for established/'stable' products.  They just upgraded the firmware in the beginning of March.  I am guessing we won't see another change for some number of months - perhaps sometime this summer.

4. There is no going backwards with firmware upgrades and Bose has no current intention of changing that.

Rouvster
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Just a small input at my end :

After a lot of reserach I finally found a way to downgrade from 4.5.2 to 3.1.8 !

After checking (and switching between 4.5.2 and 3.1.8) I noticed that the ANC performs better (no noticable difference between high and low on 4.5.2, but clearly audible on 3.1.8) and this white noise (like distant rain) is completely gone .

So I don't know whats going on with Bose (most people would say that with the new headset coming out they'll decrease the quality of the 'old' versions) but quite disappointed...

For my part, I finaly left my QC35ii on 3.1.8 and deleted the Bose Connect app on my phone.

This way, the ONLY way to update them is by doing it via wire.

Just a thank you to Bose that they do not allow downgrade of your purchased product.

I'll stick with this version unless I hear something good about a new one.
As they say "If everything works, why update ?"

Andrewdr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Please share how you downgraded to 3.1.8, thank you!!

@Rouvster wrote:

Just a small input at my end :

After a lot of reserach I finally found a way to downgrade from 4.5.2 to 3.1.8 !

After checking (and switching between 4.5.2 and 3.1.8) I noticed that the ANC performs better (no noticable difference between high and low on 4.5.2, but clearly audible on 3.1.8) and this white noise (like distant rain) is completely gone .

So I don't know whats going on with Bose (most people would say that with the new headset coming out they'll decrease the quality of the 'old' versions) but quite disappointed...

For my part, I finaly left my QC35ii on 3.1.8 and deleted the Bose Connect app on my phone.

This way, the ONLY way to update them is by doing it via wire.

Just a thank you to Bose that they do not allow downgrade of your purchased product.

I'll stick with this version unless I hear something good about a new one.
As they say "If everything works, why update ?"

Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@AndrewdrDo a google search on redit qc35 downgrade