Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

Over the ear Bluetooth head phone's mic using wired connection

Hi 

I came to know that Bluetooth headphone mic does not work if a 3.4 mm wired connection is being used. Using a wired connection, you can use it only for listening purposes and not for talking. 

Is it correct?

Which  Bluetooth headphone's mic works with a wired connection?

Thanks 

Ari

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Over the ear Bluetooth head phone's mic using wired connection

Hi Ari, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

I am sorry that your microphone is not working with a cabled connection. 

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, what product do you own? Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model. 

Is the microphone working fine with Bluetooth?

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

Hi Tegan

Thanks for your response. I do not own any headphones yet. I was reading reviews online and came to know that the mic does not work using wire. So I thought of checking first before buying. 

I am planning to purchase bose quietcomfort 35 ii  OR Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

So if you can confirm about mic using wire. It will be great.

Thanks 

Ari

Highlighted

Thank you very much for confirming this. 

You're correct you will need to have an alternate cable in order to use the microphone. You can use the QC25 audio input cable which will be compatible with both the QuietControl 35 II and Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. This way if you wish to use a cabled connection using your microphone this will allow the microphone to function.

Do let us know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

Hi Tejan

It means functionality is there in the headphones port, But the package does not come with the required cable. It needs an extra cable, which can carry a mic and audio signals. Current cable only carries audio signals. 

Thanks 

Ari

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Hi Ari,

Did you ever purchase one of those products with the additional cable to determine if the mic does indeed work while plugged in? I am looking to purchase the NC 700 headphones and have the same question as you. Thank you for asking initially.