Highlighted
hwzz
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

PC bluetooth

Hello, 

I recently bought a pair of bose qc 35 and want to connect them to my pc. My pc is custom built and does not have Bluetooth, so i need to buy a bluetooth adapter that works with the bose qc35, which is hear is difficult because there aren't many that are compatible. I also want to use these heaphones in discord to talk with other people so I want the mic to work with the bluetooth adapter. Are there any reccomendations for good bluetooth adapters? would a simple USB bluetooth adapter work or do I need something more fancy? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: PC bluetooth

Hello Hwzz, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

Whilst we cannot confirm compatibility with a specific Bluetooth adapter, I can give you the specifications required by the headset: 

• Bluetooth codecs: AAC and SBC.
  • Supported Bluetooth Pairing Profiles: BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy).
  • Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth 4.1. 

In your Bluetooth section on your computer, you will need to manually update the settings to select the microphone of your QC35 headphones once they are connected. 

You will also need to go into the discord settings to make some adjustments to use the headphones in the online chat service. 

If any community users have any recommendations on adapters we would love to hear your thoughts. 

Kind Regards,

Vicky W