PLEASE STOP THIS BEEPING!!! (QC35 Bluetooth Connection Issue)

Silent Starter

PLEASE STOP THIS BEEPING!!! (QC35 Bluetooth Connection Issue)

Hello, My Bose QC35 headset is paired with two devices: my iPhone and my Macbook. However, every time I am on an iPhone telephone call, I hear beeps every 10 seconds when the QC35 disconnects and reconnects to the Macbook Bluetooth. THIS BEEPING COMPLETELY RUINS ALL OF MY TELEPHONE CALLS AND MAKES ME WANT TO DESTROY MY QC35 HEADSET!!! 

There has got to be a way to turn this off. Please help!! Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: PLEASE STOP THIS BEEPING!!! (QC35 Bluetooth Connection Issue)

Hi Neurospace, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your QC35's, I'd be happy to assist you! 

I would recommend clearing the paired devices list on both the Headset and the source devices and then repairing from the beginning. I have included instructions on how to that HERE

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support 

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Hi Jessie, I cleared the paired devices as you suggested and then repaired with my iphone and Mac. However, the beeping still happens whenever I get a call on my iphone. Any other suggestions?

Hello Neurospace,

Thanks, for confirming that, I am sorry that the recommended steps did not work, please could you please try the following steps and let me know how you get on?

1. Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  2. Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on. I look forward to hearing from you!
  3. Reboot the phone and the laptop to refresh the systems. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Silent Starter

Hi Vicky, this did not fix the problem. Any other suggestions?

- Dan

Hi @neurospace , thank you for getting back to us!

In this instance, I would advise seeing if we can disconnect the microphone from the computer, but leave the headphones connected.

You can usually do this from the microphone settings on the computer; selecting the QC35 II as the microphone, and then removing this.

This will leave the headphones connected, but will not try and connect the microphone signal to both the computer and phone. In most cases, this prevents the disconnecting and therefore prevents the beeping issue that occurs.

Please get back to me when you can to confirm if this resolves the issue, or if you have any other questions at all!

Liam W

Silent Starter

Hi Liam,

I disabled the microphone on my Macbook and the headset still beeps for disconnecting and reconnecting to the Macbook when I'm ona call with my iPhone.

Is there anything else that can be done? This is the worst (and most expensive) headset I've ever owned.

Thank you,

- Dan

Hi again @neurospace,

I have just spent some time trying to replicate this for you.

We used a Mac, iPhone, and both the QC35 and QC35 II headphones.

We tested this twice for each headset. One time was when the Mac and iPhone were both connected to the headset but not connected to one another, and once when they were both connected, and connected to one another. We were not able to replicate the issue as you have described here.

As such, I am led to believe that this is an issue with your headset specifically. I would advise that you get in touch with local support to get this serviced, which can be done by clicking HERE, selecting your country/region, then navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

I'm sorry I couldn't resolve this through this platform for you.

Please reach out to support when you can, and get back to me with any questions or updates you might have!

Liam W