Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Headphones Mic

Hello Ericky,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, it does. Are you connected via Bluetooth? The microphone is only active when a signal for Hands-Free profile used for voice is sent to the headset. This is depending on the application, for example, Skype calls. Could you confirm that when your headset is paired with your computer, that you see it is connected to "Music and Voice" in the Bluetooth menu?

Also, if you do not mind, just for troubleshooting purposes, let's try connecting the headset to a mobile device and try a phone call?

Let me know your findings when you get the chance. 

Thank you again!

Mohsin - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2018

Thanks for the reply Mohsin_S.

The mic does indeed work when I join a call.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@Ericky thank you for your update. Everything okay with your computer now as well? Just wanted to check in. 

Let me know when you get the chance.

Thank you,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2018

Yes, thank you.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Latest Windows 10 version 1803 (April 2018): headphone balance levels don't work for Bluetooth

I upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10 (1803), also applied the latest patch of April 9 from Microsoft. Received my QC 35 II yesterday and since I have hearing loss in my left ear, I do my usual task of adjusting the headphone balance on my headphones on my Dell XPS 13 laptop but the level sliders don't work. Both L/R sliders move together. Tried all kinds of workarounds but to no avail. Is Bose aware of the problem and will they fix it in a driver update?

I can adjust the headphone/speaker balance of wired headphones (anything plugged into the audio port), but not on the Bose Bluetooth headphones.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Re: Latest Windows 10 version 1803 (April 2018): headphone balance levels don't work for Bluetooth

I might add that under DRIVERS  in Windows 10 (for Bose QC35 II Stereo Properties), the Microsoft drivers installed are dated 4-11-2018 and there is no way to uninstall them and reinstall them as the 'Update Driver' and 'Uninstall Device' boxes are both grayed out.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Re: Latest Windows 10 version 1803 (April 2018): headphone balance levels don't work for Bluetooth

That is a strange file. I seem to have downloaded it but when I try to open it (where I presume it creates a file in a folder, which is the driver file), nothing happens. Is the downloaded file the driver itself???

Advisor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

I edited the link to get easier! (Driver.CAB) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tXfRDhjvvyjk9OCooDP72VHaJLBSi0Ic

Install driver: (For QC35i/ii)

Open 'Device Manager' and 'Update Driver Software" and "Browse my computer for driver software"; Select the folder.

dev-mgr-sound-440x500.png

Thanks,
Marcel M.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2018

@Mohsin_S

Actually, after some more testing, the headphones' mic seem to be terrible. People say my voice sounds "rocky" and it sounds really bad in general. They can even hear me typing really loud.
I paid $350 for these headphones, I expect them to have at least average mic quality.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the headphones' mic not intended to work well?

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Updated to the latest version? (try app Bose Connect)

Thanks,
Marcel M.