Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cturtle
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 II Windows 7 PC install

This did work, but it's kind of important to mention that this is only a 30 day trial. I don't even see an option to buy the software ahead of time, so I'll  have to see what this costs after the trial is over. Either way, I shouldn't have to pay anything extra to get this working in Windows 7. I love the QC35s, but Bose really blew it on compatibility.

Edit: The Toshiba software is not a good fix at all. Turning off the headphones just breaks things again, and nothing works to reconnect it without doing a reboot. My QC35s are still the default audio device, I've tried restarting Spotify and Firefox, but I'm not getting audio in either of them.

TomasP
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2018

Re: QC35 Windows 7 Issues

Hello Tony_A, yes I was able to download latest drivers for bluetooth. 

I was able to pair PC and QC35 but I can't listen music, which was not a case a month ago (everything was working). 

My PC is indicating connection but headphones not 😞 

I've tryied to re-pair PC and QC35 after firmware update, result is unfortunately same.... 

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi TomasP

Thanks for info!  That is certainly strange as this was working in the past.  Have you been able to test with a mobile device to confirm they are still connecting?

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

mijalush
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2018

Hi all, just solved it doing the following steps:

1. use the most updated bluetooth driver for your laptop/pc

2. connect from the app the pc/laptop to the headphones.

3. you will see the driver is NOT succesfully installed, it's ok.

4. go to " bluetooth devices" and rtight click the BOSE, choose "services"

1.JPG

5. choose connect on "listen to music" and also for the calls. that's all, worked 🙂

1.JPG 

yesilpelikan
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

Re: Windows 10 Update Ruined QC35

I have exactly the same problem. I used to control the play/pause and volume of my music player in win 10 but now I can only control the windows general sound. hold pops up Cortana. In addition, heard volume is low when I first connect to the pc but when I touch the volume buttons from my keyboard it jumps back to normal... Also, I cannot see what is playing on my computer (even "windows sound" info) from bose connect app. It is August now and no improvement...

MagicBean
Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2018

Re: QC 35 II won't connect to Windows 10.

I had a problem with the headset where it worked but then it suddenly stopped working. The reason it stopped working was because I switched to using ethernet, and when I switched to ethernet, I also disconnected my wifi adapter from my computer (the one that came with my motherboard). Turns out, my computer recieves bluetooth signals from the wifi adapter. If your motherboard came with a wifi adapter, chances are, your need to use it for bluetooth devices as well.

Also, don't forget to check for windows 10 updates as well as keep your headphones updated with http://btu.bose.com.

yesilpelikan
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

UPDATE:

Everything works fine if you use Groove Music from Microsoft -_- ... but 3rd party players won't... 

yesilpelikan
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

UPDATE 2: 

A comment from Microsoft Community Moderator:

"I understand your point. Although just to clarify, when Microsoft is about to release an update for Windows 10, hardware manufacturers need to submit their latest driver so we can incorporate and test its compatibility with our software.

Now when we do not receive the driver software that is needed to allow the operating system to communicate with the hardware, there is still a possibility that the driver software would run the hardware on Windows latest release, but there's no guarantee that it will support all of the features offered by the actual device you've plugged into the computer—hence the issue.

You may check the Bose Device Updater from time to time to confirm if they've released an updated driver that will support the said feature."

-- End Quote

So, is Bose aware and doing something about this issue?

Thanks,

MrMonkey
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 II Windows 7 PC install

I got an avantree usb bluetooth dongle and got it working but I think bose should support windows 7. Buying a high quality product from bose I excepted better support.

Here is the link on how to connect by bluetooth with avantree on windows versions lower than 10

How to use with Bose QC35 - BlueSoliel Win7/8/XP - Avantree DG40S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Uqlws35ZE

YossarianOnATree
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2018

Re: QC 35 II won't connect to Windows 10.

Same problem, none of the above fixes helped. The restart procedure - weird as it is - seems to do nothing though (is there some feedback expected?) and the hardware removal of paired BT devices (10 second hold on the Bluetooth setting) simply does not work (I replaced that step with removing all paired devices via the Android app).

The headset pairs with my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 with no problem (using the app). But whether I pair it afterwards or before with my Windows 10 PC, it simply does not see the headset.

Headset firmware updated via the Bose updater. Using a Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E mobo with Realtek Bluetooth, all drivers updated. Other Bluetooth devices cause no problems (tested on the Xiaomi phone itself, JBL speakers).