Pairing Bluetooth headphones with PC

SOLVED
Silent Starter

Re: QC35 Windows 7 Issues

I was at version 19.XXX and it still didn't work.  I downloaded version 20.xxx(latest) from the same site and all was well with the world! Smiley Happy

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26191/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technol...

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer

Re: QC35 Windows 7 Issues

I have a Dell Precision M4800 laptop with win 7/64.  It has the integrated Intel wifi/bt chipset.  I have spent countless hours trying to get it to work with all my Bose equipment.  Tried all three drivers current and two back.  Intel specifies two Windows updates that need to be uninstalled.  Did that and even uninstalled back two years of updates.  Nothing is helping.  Dell is still looking into it.  I didn't want to spend any more time troubleshooting myself.  Let's see what Dell discovers.  In the meantime, I spent $12 on ebay.  Hope yours continues to work.  I could not get it to work with the driver you found success with.  Just in case it stops working -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SMK-Nano-Dongle-Bluetooth-v4-0-LE-EDR/223195200447?epid=1300126171&hash=ite...Smiley Tongue

I disabled the Intel BT chipset and use this is a USB port with the CSR drivers.  Now all the Bose stuff works fine (though it ties up a USB port) - even party/stereo mode on my two Revolve's.

Silent Starter

Re: QC 35 II won't connect to Windows 10.

Hi, I bought the "QuietComfort 35 II" headphine, when I connect to my Windows 10 Laptop I am unable to see any addictional audio device output so I can't use them.
There is any configuration software available for Windows 10?
I am unable to find it on the product page...

Thanks.

Wistful Whisperer

@TWS wrote:

for windows 10 do these steps:

1. plug your headphone to PC by USB cable
  2. update your headphone softwear through this site http://btu.bose.com/
  3. make your headphone "ready to pair" by pushing power switch to Bluetooth icon and hold.
  4. from Bluetooth setting click "Add bluetooth or other device", confirm it paired.
  5. to connect it to PC and start the enjoyment go to "Devices and Printers" from Bluetooth setting.
  6. from Devices and Printers window double click on your headphone icon then press connect.

Regards,

Emad

This fixed it for me.  It connected right away after following these steps.  Thank you!!!

Silent Starter

I was able to use your steps to allow for the headphones to work, but what about the microphone? I recently got a job working from home and I wanted a headset that would allow me to take calls but not have them hear the background sounds of my home. I cannot for the life of me get the microphone on the headset to actually work.

Hi @CraftyAngel07,

Thanks for writing in. The communication microphones on the headset are tuned to the human voice frequency range. When there are voices in the background, it’s possible the microphones will pick up those background voices and bring up the gain. This can send the background voices through to the far end person on a call. If this is what you're experiencing, you may try to move to a quiet location and try the call again to see if that helps. 

Thanks again,

Mohsin

Audible Advocate

I posted this yesterday on another thread with the same title - but since this thread still appears active thought I would re-post here.

I received the QC35II headphones 5 days ago and of course had this problem.  The basic problem seemed to be that the 'Connect' button did not appear on the Win 10 Bluetooth page.  Tried many options I found on the internet.  This one worked for me. I couldn't follow all of the items listed below exactly as the options weren't always the same, but they were close.  Headphones connect each time I get close to my PC when it and the headphones are turned on.  Hope this helps someone!  Both the instructions and the link are given.

How to connect Bose headphones to my laptop or PC?

1. On the QC35, push the button on the right earpiece all the way to the Bluetooth sign and hold it there for at least 10 seconds. Do this with the headset on your head, so you can hear the commands: “all paired devices cleared” and “ready to pair.” (These may not be the exact phrases you hear, but close.)
    2. When the QC35 has spoken, lift your finger off the button, and the QC35 will return the button to the “on” position. Leave it there and put the QC35 somewhat close to your PC (3-6 feet).
    3. On the PC, right-click the start button and click Control Panel.
    4. Click on “Device Manager.” Then click on the > next to “Bluetooth.”  If you see “Bose QC35” in that list, right click it and delete it.
    5. Close “Device Manager” and click on “Devices and Printers.” If you see any “Bose QC35” in the list of devices, right-click it and remove it.
    6. Close Control Panel and locate the Bluetooth icon on the right side of the task bar (if yours is located at the bottom of the screen). Click on it and then click on “Add a Bluetooth device.”
    7. Because your QC35 is still in “Pairing” mode, you will see one or more buttons on that screen that say “Bose QC35 Ready to Pair.”
    8. Click on the depiction that shows QC35 with a headset icon (not a phone and screen icon) and the pairing will start. Be patient, as software has to be reloaded to the Device Manager.
    9. After that process is complete, go back to “Control Panel” and click on “Sound.” Find “Headphones, Bose QC35 Stereo and make that the Default. Get out of Control Panel.
    10. Go to the Speaker icon on the taskbar and make sure it is set to 100%.
    11. Now put your QC35 on your head and play some music on your computer. You should hear the sound through the QC35. If you do not, it might be that the volume has been decreased to zero on the QC35, so push the Volume (+) button on the QC35 repeatedly until you hear the music.
    12. Enjoy your music!

https://www.rogerperkin.co.uk/bose/how-to-connect-bose-wireless-headphones-to-computer/

Silent Starter

hey guys - i've had the same problem and found the solution.

in windows 10, bluetooth setting, if your LE QC 35 II has already been found, remove the device.

then on windows 10, go to add bluetooth device. click search for discoverable device.

at this time, on your bose headphones, toggle the button to turn on your bluetooth AND HOLD IN POSITION.

the hold in position was the key part. Once i did that, Windows 10 recognized my LE QC 35 II as an audio device, rather than a generic device that it did before, allowing me to output audio to it.

not sure why i had to do that - Bose fix it please - but it does work.

Hello jryu90! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

The Windows 10 environment will treat the BLE connection separately from the standard Bluetooth connection, so you will see two entries in the Bluetooth device list. One standard, usually labeled something like 'Bose QC35II" and the other 'LE - Bose QC35II'. You should be connecting to both and that usually doesn't require you to hold the power switch as the headphones will be discoverable when the power switch is in the "On" position.

If your Bluetooth connection has been corrupted, you can easily reset it by holding the power switch to the right for 10 seconds or until you hear the voice prompt say "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then delete both the standard and LE profiles from the Windows Bluetooth list. Turn off/on Bluetooth on your PC, pair and test for function. 

You may also need to adjust the audio settings, especially if you are using a Bluetooth adapter to connect. Here is a link that may assist you in that endeavor. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Silent Starter

QC35.2 only connects voice not headphones

My new QC35.2 absolutely refuses to connect the headphones even though both voice & headphones are visible - the voice connects almost instantly but headphones will not (even if I disable the speakers).Capture.JPG

Reset everything, removed and re-paired laptop & headphones, updated everything - still no change...

Any ideas?