ebreyes
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 20, 2019

Re: SoundSport left ear not working

I too have been having the issue with staying connected to my windows 10 laptop.  I have tried everything including removing the bluetooth bose connection, the drivers, the audio file andeven having the earbuds replaced.  For the money paid for these I shouldn't be spending several hours on the phone with Bose, Dell or even hours on the internet to research a solution.   PLEASE HELP

thomasfogh
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

Re: Pairing Bluetooth headphones with a PC

Hi all,

For those using Win7 and having the Intel PROset-Wireless - there is a new update

Intel Wireless BT Win7 driver.png

debrady
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 22, 2019

Re: QC35.2 only connects voice not headphones

Just following up on this post because the answer "We’ve found that it’s far simpler to pair these products to mobile devices because mobile operating systems have fewer elements" is beyond unsatisfactory. I'm on a 2018 Macbook Pro running Mojave. I understand that there are a lot of different computers out there but this is a problem that you need to fix. It's completely unnaceptable that if I have my computer in my backpack, I can't listen to audio from my phone without taking my laptop out, and shutting off bluetooth. Please get this fixed ASAP. 

Highlighted

Hello debrady! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I understand that it is frustrating when things don't work the way we expect. A quick search of the forums here will show that others have experienced difficulty like this when connecting to a MacBook Pro. It appears to be connected with the way the MacOS handles Bluetooth connections, and specifically the MacBook Pro. Have you contacted Apple? Were they able to offer any suggestions or guidance that may help?

Please share anything you may find that could help other users here.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Greg_Band @debrady  the unfortunate thing with both Apple and Microsoft (and Intel who have created issues with their Bluetooth hardware that Dell uses), is that Bose is but one of the many hundreds of vendors they provide support for.  That is going to be a problem/issue anytime you have a communication protocol like Bluetooth - there are two ends and if things are not working - each party expects the other one to fix the issue and the users/customers end up with no one doing anything.

I just checked in on a different post here where things worked great for my QC35ii and iPhone 7+ but the customer had an issue with the QC35ii and his Android.  Go try to convince Samsung or Google to change something that is problematic with Bose.

There is a 'log jam' and some vendor needs to step up to the plate (it's almost baseball season here in the US 🙂 ) and fix these issues.  Frankly, Bose is the smaller fish - relative to Microsoft, Apple, Intel, and Samsung for example.  But we all get that Bose has limited engineering resources and fixing firmware for a support issue is a not profit generating.

I believe what customers (including me) would like to see and hear here is that Bose has at least made an attempt to replicate the issue and determine if there is a way to make a fix on the Bose firmware end even if it is determined to not be 'Bose's problem'.  If Bose can patch things - great and if not, let us know here that Bose tried and it can clearly not fix it without something being done on the other end.

David229
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 28, 2019

The bad news has been that over the last few months I have spent hours and hours and hours trying to pair my QC35ii to my main PC.  I also noticed wider Bluetooth connectivity issues developing with this laptop that lead me to believe it was was PC based rather than the QC35ii.  I had tried everying to fix the BT without result. It's been incredibly frustrating.

The good news is the Windows 10 feature update notification appeared today. This is a major update that is essentially a new install replacing the exisiting OS putting me onto v.1809.   I did a couple of things before I let it run (btw I have an Intel 8265 wifi/BT card)

1. I removed Intel Proset software 2. Removed the Bluetooth dirives with complete uninstall (including hidden devices).

The install took around 20 minutes to complete.  I reinstalled the BT driver and initiated pairing of QC35ii.  Drivers started loading and messages appeared saying that QC35ii is good to go!

I took a look at the device manager and a whole new set of driver controls are available that I haven't seen on other working laptops with earlier versions of Win10.   I am so far delighted.  I haven't tried the off / on test yet, so hopefully this will continue to work on re-boot (fingers crossed).

Hopefully this will also help others suffering on Windows 10 systems.

Capture.JPG 

Hi David229, 

Thank you for providing us with this information, this is a big help for other users who are experiencing this issue.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@David229  Actually it may not have been as complicated as we thought.  My point being is what has essentially solved the issue is a windows reinstall or something close to that in functionality.  By that I mean, something (probably a file change or registry changes) either by Microsoft or Intel were getting in the way, and your windows update somehow broke that 'log jam'.  I would be very suprised if the latest Intel Proset drivers were by themselves a solution.

Now I am on windows 7/64 and not 10 but I tried all four of the proset drivers for my windows (30, 60, 90, and 90.1 which also is sometimes clalled 120) and nothing worked - not even discovery of ANY of my Bose devices.  I even tried uninstalling windows updates back two years with no luck.  I wasn't willing to do a windows install from scratch with no guarantees - it would have taken me well over a week full time to get everything installed and back together again.  So I did the next best thing and restored to a disk image/backup I created June 30 2018.  Then everything worked perfectly fine (except the reboot caused a paired Revolve to power on - I known BLE "issue" 🙂 ).  And that image was using Intel version 60.  I have not made any attempt to update the drivers since everything works.

So my point is, some people say I ran into an issue of 'corruption' or some sort of quirk.  But we know technically some data or code was interferring with the BT communication process and in your case, the upgrade replaced the problematic code or data - more than likely the fix came from something Microsoft replaced and not Intel.

tonypowell
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 19, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 II Windows 7 PC install

Thank you so much for this.  I was going through the same nightmare.

lrizzoboston
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Re: Pairing Bluetooth headphones with PC

hi, i had a similar problem:  my windows 7 laptop would not connect to micro soundlink.  in fact i was experiencing few audio issues since updating to microsoft .net framework 4.7.2.

i uninstalled 4.7.2 as well as this hp elitebook 840 G3 bang & olufsun smart audio & contextant drivers, then installed microsoft .net framework 4.8, and all related audio issues appear solved including successful connection to my terrific little micro soundlink.

hope it helps...