Highlighted

Re: Pairing Bluetooth headphones with PC

Hi Irizzoboston, 

thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm glad to hear that this has resolved your issue and you are enjoying your SoundLink Micro! 

If anyone in the Community finds this helpful please mark it as an accepted solution. This will help any new visitors to the Forum. 

Thank you once again for sharing this information and I hope it will help to resolve some of the issues mentioned in this thread. 

Have a lovely day! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

can someone plz help me with this issue, about 3 weeks ago i turn off my laptop and all was ok, next day i open it and the Strero selection was missing and all i see is this Hands-Free one which is not good quality bc i can hear myself talk in the head phones from the build in mic, so the sound is being send from the active mic into the headphone along with the laptop sound so i dont know how to fix it, i try everything that i can, uninstall , delete and set up again and reinstall drivers and stuff, how to fix this ?Screen Shot 08-19-19 at 11.02 AM.PNGScreen Shot 08-19-19 at 09.44 PM.PNG

Highlighted

Hi SirHomer, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today.I am sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue and would highly recommend that you attempt all steps that have been listed on this thread. If your issue still persists, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Re: QC35 Windows 7 Compatibility (or lack thereof)

i am having trouble with the same thing.  need a solution that works.

Highlighted

Re: QC35 Windows 7 Compatibility (or lack thereof)

Hi Karen1098, 

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the Bose Community. 

Did you take the opportunity to try the steps mentioned within the thread? If you are still having issues, I would first consider using an alternative USB Bluetooth dongle, and should that fail, reach out to local support here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 II Windows 7 PC install

Hello. I have Windows 10 and exactly I have the same problem. When I leave computer and my phones get out of range, when I can back they don't work anymore! When this happens , Headphones appear under bluetooh as connected (instead of saying voice, music connected) and even disconnecting and reconnecting doe snot solve the problem.. The only solution I found is remove device and pair again, which it is very unproductive. Exactly as Headphone User explained here on 06-14-2018 at 01:55PM. Please, can anybody help?  

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 28, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 II Windows 7 PC install

Hi,

I made a contribution to this thread some ago (1 year +) explaining how a Windows 10 software upgrade enabled connectivity of my QC35ii with my laptop.  However I had to start the PC with the headphones turned on and if connectivity stopped for whatever reason I was unable to connect without rebooting.  This deteriorated again so that whilst my PC settings would show "Paired" it would be unable to connect.  This continued even when removing the device and reinstalling it and of course it's not a very satisfactory way to run headphones from your PC and I had given up on using headphones with a laptop. -At best it was always flakey.

However I have since switched out my laptop's wifi / bluetooth card, swapping out the Intel card for a Qualcomm Atheros version.  In my case the drivers installed automatically and I am now delighted that my QC35ii's connect / disconnect to my laptop each time I turn them on/off with no fiddling about in the settings trying to connect them.  This is exactly how it should work, and works repeatedly without fail or need to tinker with settings.

This of course requires purchasing a new wifi / BT card for your PC/laptop but this is user installable (with a screwdriver) and shouldn't be beyond anyone who's happy to remove the service cover on  their laptop.  I installed a QCA9377 purchased on ebay for about £10 and replaced the Intel card in just a few minutes.  Other versions are available, see https://www.qualcomm.com/products/wi-fi and you should check the pin out of your current card to check socket compatibility.  I think there are two pin out formats so be sure to use the correct version. Photo's on ebay provide this indication.

I think all of us seeing these problems likely have Intel based wifi / bluetooth cards, and whilst this requires a little time and investment updating your laptop it works perfectly.  I have another laptop with Intel wifi / BT that gives the same problems with my QC35ii and I intend to update this in the same way.  I hope that this can work for others.

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 28, 2019

Replace your laptop's Intel Wifi / bluetooth adapter card with a Qualcomm Atheros (https://www.qualcomm.com/products/wi-fi) of the correct pin out format. These can be purchased on ebay for a few £/$ . It's an easy replacement and in my case fixed everything.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Bose QC35 II Pairs with Win10 Laptop but doesn't register as audio device

Hi, I've read a bunch of topics and I'm unable to find a solution that works.  I just got my Bose QC35 II headphones that paired immediately with my Galaxy S8 but I've been unable to connect to my Gigabyte Aero 15 Windows 10 laptop as an audio device.  The device does pair, but it doesn't appear as a playback device.

I have used the bose updater webpage.

I have tried to remove the device and re-pair many times. 

I have tried disabling the bluetooth on my phone and re-pairing with my PC. 

I have tried updating all 10 bluetooth devices in the bluetooth device manager list (all up to date)

Win10 is up to date

My wife has the same headphones (different color) that took a bit for me to pair to her laptop but eventually I was able to get them to work.  I am not having the same luck with my headphones and laptop!  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

Re: Bose QC35 II Pairs with Win10 Laptop but doesn't register as audio device

I had the same problem with my QC 35 (I dont know if it's same for II) but I was finally able to get paired to both my win10 laptop and desktops. The First time it pairs, after switching headphone off an on and holding power so it goes into pair next device mode), it shows in win10 (after add BT device) as "LE-Bose35" (low energy) (other devices).. this seems to come up first all the time, so I went ahead and tried to pair (I wasnt able to connect).  Next, turn headphones off and on, and enter pair to next device, again!  and it should show up as "audio" "headphones" and try to pair/connect, and then it shows as Bose QuietComfort35.  Hope this works for any of you with same issue.