Pairing Bluetooth headphones with PC

SOLVED
Wistful Whiz

Re: Significant Headway For Windows w Bose Problems

I applied 9 windows updates (required and recommended) today which supposedly is all there was from June 30th until today for the laptop's windows 7/64 configuration.  Each PC and laptop could be slightly different and so the number of updates could vary a bit (though there are some/many which are required for all).

In any case, I removed all my bluetooth devices before the update and rebooted after the update.  Then I still was able to add my Bose Soundsport and use it with no problems.  I did not try to add the other four though I will probably add the QC35ii later today or tomorrow.

Point is, I could not yet (if at all) recreate the situation I was in prior to the june 30th restore where nothing worked.  It is possible that there was a windows update that no longer exists or that some combination of driver updates with application and windows updates messed up some data somewhere.

I hate to say what Dell was telling me that the only way out of these situations is a complete windows reinstallation or a restoration to a prior image backup.  I for example, have over 125 applications/programs installed on my typical machine.  Installation from scratch often takes a week - that is why I do overnight image backups of each of my machines on occasion (typically once every few months).

So I will keep looking for a cause but as of right now, all my Bose and my bluetooth are working perfectly.

Noisy Narrator

Could be as simple as a corrupted file.

Wistful Whiz

> Could be as simple as a corrupted file.

true or perhaps even a problem witha registry entry.  See the problem once you know there is an issue with a file or registry entry is much easier imho than figuring out what file or entry is the cause.  I/we may never know but I am still looking to see if I can identify the process or actions that led to the issue.  So I continue to search....   Through identification I/we can (a) know what to try to avoid and (b) we can give a heads up to other windows users.

Silent Starter

Re: Bose QC 35 II problem connection to Bluetooth USB Dongle (non-bluetooth PC)

after some deep searching, i was advised to try this link https://www.rogerperkin.co.uk/bose/how-to-connect-bose-wireless-headphones-to-computer/ and it worked. im coming back here to post it in case someone has same issue. not a dongle problem, just some weird bluetooth/windows10 thing

Wistful Whiz

Re: Bose QC 35 II problem connection to Bluetooth USB Dongle (non-bluetooth PC)

Actually imho, the link you have here, and the equivalent for windows 7 is exactly the standard way to add any bluetooth speaker and headset to a windows machine (though the removing and resetting first is sort of a troubleshooting thing...).  This is what we expect to do and this is exactly how I connect my Bose devices to my Dell laptop.  Thing is, what brings people here to figure out what to do next is when the process such as the link you referred to do not work.  Until I did a restore back to 6/30/18, I couldn't even see my Bose devices at all in "add device" (they were broadcasting a signal but windows would not discover them).

So we hope that the process in the link you specified works for all.  But if it does not, there is still a process which I have suggested in multiple posts here to try when that link does not work.  And when none of it works there is still three final fall backs to try (in no particular order) - (a) a complete windows reinstallation (from scratch), (b) a restoration from a previous image backup (if you were doing them like me), or (c) disabling the BT hardware and substituting a USB BT Dongle.

Silent Starter

Re: QC 35 II won't connect to Windows 10.

I didnt believe at first, but it worked! Smiley Happy 

Disconnected all of the other devices, rebooted the headphones and they connected like a charm  <3 
Thank you! 

Silent Starter

Re: QC35.2 only connects voice not headphones

Thanks for the replies - it's been a busy few days so this is the first time I've been free enough to try things.

Including reinstalling windows, I've tried pretty much everything except buying a seperate dongle. I give up, I'm not buying a dongle so I'll have to be content to just use the cable. They connect to my Samsung S9 within seconds, so I know it's a laptop issue - tried 3 different drivers now. Sometimes it says connected, sometimes not but at no point do I get sound unless I use the cable.

Disappointed, but not a Bose issue, the headphones are really quite brilliant!

Quiet Contributor

QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

I get this really badly when connected to my home PC (windows 7, x64). I've installed the newest bluetooth driver, made sure i have the latest bose software/firmware, revmoved/re-added the device, cleared the pairing list on the headphone, and it still happens. when I go into bluetooth devices on my PC and seelct trouble shooting it tells me that a Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver is needed, but it can't find it automatically. Any suggestions?

Quiet Contributor

Re: Sound link 2 bluetooth - Audio noise when paired with PC

Windows 10 is always updating.

I said laptop before, I meant computer. It's a PC. As stated, there is no issue with my phone.

What is causing the horrible sound with my PC? Someone mentioned a side tone feature with sound link 2? Can it be disabled?

Please help me solve the issue

Quiet Contributor

Re: Sound link 2 bluetooth - Audio noise when paired with PC

I'm not using mic input. I just want output via Bluetooth.

My headphones are called "Sound link 2" is that the same model under a different name from "quiet comfort?" confusing.

Also I read side tone cannot be turned off. Amazing.