Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

Pairing Bose 700 Headphones with Bose Wave Music System IV and Wave Soundtouch Pedestal

Has anyone been successful in pairing Bose 700 Headphones with a Bose Music System IV and Wave Soundtouch Pedestal please?

In theory this should be straightforward using Bluetooth.  But despite the headphones being made ready to pair with another Bluetooth device and the Soundtouch Pedestal also indicating it's ready to pair, the two devices seem unable to communicate and join up.

Have checked the settings in the Soundtouch App and the Bose Music App.  Also cleared the pairing list in the Soundtouch Pedestal.

Seems slightly odd two Bose products can't communicate with each other, yet the headphones link up fine to my smartphone and television/soundbar.

I did WhatsApp Bose technical support who advised me to use a cable!

Many thanks MK52

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Pairing Bose 700 Headphones with Bose Wave Music System IV and Wave Soundtouch Pedestal

Both devices only have BT in, not BT output.  So there is no way to connect them wirelessly.  As support suggested you can use a cable instead.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

Re: Pairing Bose 700 Headphones with Bose Wave Music System IV and Wave Soundtouch Pedestal

Many thanks for your advice - very helpful and much appreciated.