Performed a reset on the Bose 700 after recent firmware update and can no longer connect to Bose App
I saw the post from Bose in the recent firmware update forum to try resetting the headphones, removing the BT connections, and re-add the devices which sounds like "start fresh" situation. Sounds good.
- I first held down the power button for 10 seconds but never heard the prompt that any BT's devices were reset.
- I then held the power button down and plugged in the USB-C, held the button down longer but the BT light never started blinking again per the instructions.
- I did a 'forget' on the device in iOS, I disconnected the BT device from my Surface.
- I then tried to re-add the device back into the iOS app. It wouldn't let me delete the existing device, and it wouldn't reconnect either.
- Deleted the iOS Bose app entirely.
- Tried another reset on the headphones by doing the same procedure described above.
- Did a hard reset on my iPhone X.
- Re-installed the Bose iOS App, logged in.
- Went to add new device, it detects the Bose 700, but when I try to pair I get an error, "Ooops something went wrong".
I'm not able to clear this problem, and the device seems forever screwed up.
I can re-add the headphones to my Surface Pro and iPhone, but the Bose app will not pair it. This is beyond stupid. Only recourse appears to be return to Amazon. 😞
Bose Firmware: 1.4.12