Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raycara
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2021

Phone calls made from MacBook mute QC35 headheadset

I just updated my MacBook Pro to OS 11.3 from 11.2 and now when I make a call from my Mac, I get no sound from my headset. I set the sound output to the internal speakers and the sound is there... I can hear the calls on my speakers, but when I have the sound set to the QC35 headset, I get nothing.

The headset works fine while doing other things on the Mac, like music, YouTube, games, etc. Like I'll have a YouTube vid going, open the Contacts, pick a person to call, the message pops-up in the upper right like it's calling.... I see that it's picking up the call and see the sound waves bounce, but there's nothing coming out of the headphones. I hang up the call and I hear the YouTube video again.

- I have the latest firmware update on the headset, 4.8.1

- I have the FaceTime app set in the preferences:  "Calls from iPhone, checked".

Is this an OS glitch?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Liam_G

Re: Phone calls made from MacBook mute QC35 headheadset

Hello Raycara and welcome to the Community! I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your QC35 headphones. 
Have you tried testing the headphones with a different device like an iPhone? 

I would also recommend that you try clearing the Bluetooth connection on the headphones, then reconnecting and testing again. You can do this by following the steps here

I hope this helps

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!