Jon Evans
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Phone calls won't connect to headphones

I have just bought the Noise Cancelling 700 headphones which are beautiful and sound amazing. However when I am listening to music and a phone call comes in on the phone it defaults to the phone audio and not the headphones which means I spend a few seconds trying to switch audio on the phone whilst the person on the other end can't hear me. This seems very basic so perhaps I have done something wrong but its really annoying. How can I make sure the audio comes through the headphones when I answer the phone?

6 REPLIES 6
Hector_B

Re: Phone calls won't connect to headphones

Hello Jon Evans! 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you are having some connection issues with your headphones and would love to assist you further. 

I would recommend that we start with ensuring the audio is being correctly routed in the device's settings by going to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Call Audio Routing > Bluetooth Headset. 

Please also try using the headset for calls on a few other devices to see the same issue persists. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
nellykat
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

Hi,

I am having the same issue, I followed your suggestion and now I can answer calls with my phone and they connect to my headphones (thanks!) but I still can't answer the calls with a double tap on the headphones, it makes a sound when I tap but no connection. I can hang up with the double tap and change the volume etc but I just can't make them answer phone calls. They are brand new and both my Iphone and headphones  have been updated today (advice from the Bose customer service) but still not working. 

Looking forward to your reply! Thanks 

LaurenDougan29
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

Hi

so if you have your headphones connected to more than one device at the same time, for example your phone and tablet/computer whichever suits then you must disconnect the headphones from the other device in order to double tap to answer a call on your phone.  It’s a bit of a pain but it’s the only way I can get it to work with mine as I have them connected to my phone and iPad simultaneously - it won’t work otherwise because in a way the headphones may not be able to tell which one they’re actually ‘active’ from.  It sounds crazy but that’s the workaround I know.  

FelixOlszewski
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2021

Yeah this is Bose‘s fault not yours. It was like that for my headphones too. The UX in Bose‘s Headphones is pretty bad. Leaves so much to be desired, considering they‘re 300€ headphones.

dnpark
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

I have the 700 headphones as well. I have tried various solves I've seen on this site and online but cannot get calls to channel through my headphones...which is why I bought them in the first place. This is very frustrating. 

Is there one clear solution that works? 

365nice
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 30, 2020

The solution suggested by Hector - in accessibility did the trick for me. I was dubious too as there seem to be many other issues with the headphones, but it does seem to work.