Highlighted
jamesasmith
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Phone connection issues with on call on laptop with Noise Cancelling 700

Hi - I recently got the noise cancelling 700s. I am having a real issue that when I have a call on my laptop via the headphones, my iPhone connection keeps waking up and then disconnecting, so I lose the call for a few seconds whilst it says "iPhone connected...iPhone lost" etc, despite not doing anything on my phone. This makes the headphones actually unusable as the person on the laptop call thinks they've lost me. I've been told to disconnect bluetooth on my iPhone but this is of course completely impractial. Is this really by design??

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Phone connection issues with on call on laptop with Noise Cancelling 700

Hello Jamesasmith, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues with your headphones and making calls on a laptop. I would advise you to try the following to resolve this issue: 

• Go to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software. 
  • Perform a product reset, to do this:

- Disconnect all cables from the headphones.
                      - Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.
                      - Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.
                      - Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds.

• Clear the Bluetooth device list on the headset by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button until you hear 'Device list cleared'. 
  • Reconnect the headphones to both devices.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

jamesasmith
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Thanks - ok will investigate. Can I confirm that what I've said is happening shouldn't be happening though?

I look forward to hearing how you get on Jamesasmith, and no this is not the intended behaviour of the headphones. 

Kind Regards,  

Vicky W 

jamesasmith
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Many thanks - the factory reset seems to have fixed it, however will keep my eye on it over the next few days to be sure. FYI I spoke to your team on twitter who suggested this was the way things were meant to happen so didn't offer any fix. Glad to see this wasn't the expected behaviour!

jamesasmith
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Hi - so this worked for one day, but now its gone back to how it was before Smiley Sad How can I stop this happening?

Hi Jamesasmith,

Thank you for getting back in contact with us, I am so sorry to hear that this issue persists. 

How do you commonly connect your headphones? by Bluetooth directly through the phone or via the Bose Music App.

Can you also inform us on what iPhone you are using and its software version?

Have you tested using a different device to see if this persists with another mobile?

Please let us know!

Tegan M 

jamesasmith
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Hi - I generally use the app. I’ve tried direct via Bluetooth as well but same issue. 

Software is the latest 12.3.1. iPhone XS

Tried with another phone but same issue. Tried deleting the app and starting again. The app generally seems broken, as it keeps losing the phone as well. The headphones are great when they work but the app and connection is just awful 😞

Hi Jamesasmith, 

Thank you very much for confirming this information. 

Could you also provide me with what computer you are connecting your headphones too and its software version?

If the call is coming through your computer what software are you using to take these calls?

Finally are your iPhone and computer connected to your headphones at the same time whilst taking these calls? Can you turn off the Bluetooth connection of your Phone during these calls to see if this helps resolving this issue?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks, 

Tegan M  

jamesasmith
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Dell Lattitude 7390 - windows 10

Software is various things for calls - Zoom, MS teams 

Yes turning off the bluetooth on my phone fixes the issue. But that of course isn't useful!