Mencjusz
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

Phones calls are not passing through

Yet another problem with 700. Version 1.7, App. 4.1.1, Andriod 10.

When connected to the phone and making a call through WhatsApp or normal phone call, there is no sound in the headphones. However, there is sound with any other app, e.g. Youtube.

Don't tell me to resest the 700 because I have already did it.

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Phones calls are not passing through

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mencjusz

Hi Mencjusz,

If your headphones are working for listening to audio but not on calls, this is likely due to a setting on your phone stopping the headphones from being used on a call. You can enable this for your headphones by following these steps:

• Open Settings.
  • Choose Bluetooth.
  • Tap on your headphones on the Paired devices list.
  • Toggle On Phone calls.

bluetooth-phone calls.png

If it is already enabled, you'll want to toggle it off, restart the phone, then go back into the settings and toggle the phone calls option back to on.

I hope this helps, let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mencjusz

Hi Mencjusz,

If your headphones are working for listening to audio but not on calls, this is likely due to a setting on your phone stopping the headphones from being used on a call. You can enable this for your headphones by following these steps:

• Open Settings.
  • Choose Bluetooth.
  • Tap on your headphones on the Paired devices list.
  • Toggle On Phone calls.

bluetooth-phone calls.png

If it is already enabled, you'll want to toggle it off, restart the phone, then go back into the settings and toggle the phone calls option back to on.

I hope this helps, let me know!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Mencjusz
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

Hi Keith,

I found the settings, indeed the toggle was off. Initially, I could not turn it on so I restarted the phone, and afterward I was on automatically.

Thank you for the solution.

Intron
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2020

No sound during a call with Bose 700 nc

Dear all,

I have my NC 700 for well over a year now and I never had any issues. But since a couple of days I can't hear the person in talking with during a call. They can hear me though. Music and other media works just fine. I already performed a reset and also deleted them from my iPhone and my Bose to re-pair them. Calling with my beats works just fine and as intended. Can someone please help me.

Yours Intron

superlyc
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2020

Re: No sound during a call with Bose 700 nc

I am having exactly the same problem here. Right after I got the new iphone 12. And I think it is something with the ios and bose software compatibility. I tried it with another iphone (11), same problem

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

Have you both enabled the feature shown above to make sure that the phone is sending your call audio to your headphones? On an iPhone, the setting is in a slightly different place, but can be found by going to:

• Open the Settings app.
  • Tap Accessibility.
  • Tap Touch.
  • Tap Call Audio Routing.
  • Your options are AutomaticBluetooth Headset, and Speaker, your headphones fall under the Bluetooth Headset option. 

@Mencjusz did mention they needed to restart their phone, so you may also have to restart your phone as well.

Let me know how you get on!

Cprp
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2021

Hi Keith,

i have the same problem as people above. I tried to redirect call to my headphones through the accessibility setting but that did not resolve the issue. Please advise.  

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi Cprp,

I know @Mencjusz mentioned they had to restart their phone for the changes to affect with the accessibility settings, have you tried restarting the phone as well?

It would also be worth resetting your headphones by following the steps shown HERE if restarting the phone does not do the trick.

Let me know how you get on!

ACr
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Hi Keith, 

I am having the same issue. While it had been existing for a few months intermittently now it has become permanent. 

I tried the Mecjusz method (including restarting the iPhone) but no luck. I also reset the Headphones about 10-15 times. Does not change anything. 

Any other Ideas?

Jessie_O

Thanks for reaching out! 

Can you confirm if you have the USB Link Bluetooth Module? This will help with any troubleshooting we can recommend for you.

I look forward to hearing from you!