Highlighted
drej
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

Possibly stolen Bose 700 headphones

Like a recent poster, I bought used headphones from a second-hand market for ~60% of retail price. It was described as "like new" and "used for promo" with "nothing wrong with them." They function correctly except that the battery life when fully charged appears to be about 13 hours instead of ~20. 

They have a small screw hole in them that appears to be from a store security device.  I didn't realize this when purchasing them.

Does Bose recommend people in this situation to do anything? 

IMG_4324.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Possibly stolen Bose 700 headphones

They look like a display model - The screw hole is there to keep the power cable plugged in as well as a security measure.

While they function, they may have limited capabilities.  It could be they aren't updateable, meaning no bug fixes and no future improvements.

It doesn't necessarily mean they were stolen, and I'll leave it at that.

Re: Possibly stolen Bose 700 headphones

Hello Drej. 

Thanks for reaching out today. 

It appears you have purchased an ex-display unit, which is a product that is not intended for sale. As such, you will be unable to update the firmware for the product or complete any troubleshooting to resolve your issue. 

We're sorry that we're unable to be of any additional assistance to you regarding this. Should you require support with your product, we encourage you to reach out to your original point of purchase to discuss this further. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support