Highlighted
DJ OZ
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2019

Power switch

The switch is broken and I can’t turn on off and connecting Bluetooth.

i try to find spare part in Amazon but can’t find . Is the Bose selling spare part or is it under warranty? 
Bose QuietComfort 35

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Power switch

Hello DJ OZ, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community, I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with the power switch of your QuietComfort 35 Headphones. 

Please reach out to your regions Bose technical support team for further assistance regarding this issue. Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent will be more than happy to assist you.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@DJ OZ 
Are you referring to the situation that the switch is off but that the QC35 i turns itself on anyway or have you a switch which is actually broken?

If the former, it is a know hardware issue (slipping of the contacts in the switch).  There is another very long post here with instructions on how to fix it yourself.  Or you can call Bose support and go for a free exchange.  If they only offer an exchange for a price, hang up and call again.  Keeping calling back and escalating until you get one who understands its not your unit but a known global issue for the QC35i.  It makes no difference whether you are under warrantee or not.  People here who have persevered, have received the exchange at no cost.

Or again, there are instructions here with pictures for you to fix it yourself.

DJ OZ
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2019

I think it is a hardware issue.

DJ OZ
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2019

Tegan M.

Thanks for quick answer,

Actually I am from Turkey and I bought this Item from USA  but I am working in Iraq right now therefore is there any other solution that can help me ? I have APO address here just incase if needed.

Hi DJ OZ, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

I would recommend that you reach out to either Bose Turkey or the closest Bose support team to you currently which is Bose Syria for the most accurate support, as this isn't something that Bose USA would be able to assist you with. This also isn't something that we can assist you with over the community and I can only apologize for this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B

35resusc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

I experienced this very same issue. My QC35 headphones would not turn off. I read all the forum responses. And then... I had success with a very simple procedure: I performed mouth-to-switch resuscitation. I cupped my kisser around the switch and then blew hard into and through it. Several times. After that... the problem was solved. (Bose, you're welcome.)