Participant
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

Precise QC35 reset instructions

Hello,

Does anyone know the PRECISE Reset steps for the QC35 headset?

The bose steps are conflicting and do not give accurate instructions.

The User ManojKumar on the following forum topic mentioned the correct instructions being discussed in another thread here on page 2

Does anyone know which thread he was referring to? I've been searching for 3 hours now and cannot find it. I need that information and It'd be nice to have it in this thread as well so it can be more easy to find with a google search.

my issue is a microphone issue: nobody can hear my audio on phone calls but for some reason it works when sending voice messages on facebook messenger. Tried updating the firmware and it solved the issue for about 2 days and then the microphone stopped working again.

2 REPLIES 2
Participant
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

Re: Precise QC35 reset instructions

In addition to the original post, post2 of page 1 lists questions pertaining to the reset process that are not clear in the instructions.

Just to be clear, I am very aware of the reset instructions:

1-Turn off your headphones or headphones and wait 30 seconds.
2-Connect your headphones or headphones to a USB power supply via USB cable and wait 5 seconds. (The power supply must be plugged into a live AC outlet)
3-Disconnect the USB cable from the headphones or earphones and wait 1 minute.
4-Put the headset or earphones back on and check that everything is working properly.

According to a post I recall reading weeks ago, you must turn the power on the headset on for step 2, however I cannot recall if its before step 2, during step 2 or after step 2, or for how long they must be on.

Re: Precise QC35 reset instructions

Hey searchandsearch,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'd be happy to answer your query regarding instructions for the QC35 headphones.

When performing the reset, it is advised that you turn the headset off in step 1, before you proceed with step 2. You will not need to manually turn on your headphones until after steps 2 and 3. Is this what you've been trying?

In regard to your issue, have you checked within your phone settings to see if the microphone input is set to the headphones, and not your phone? Also, what phone are you using, and have you tested any others for reference?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!