jellinger
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2021

Problems with Bose Headphones 700, Bose USB Link Bluetooth and Skype (for Business)

Dear Bose team,

I am trying to use my Bose 700 headphones with Skype (for Business) on a laptop running Windows 7. For establishing the connection, I am using the Bose USB Link Bluetooth dongle. My problem is, that muting by pressing the designated button on the headphones works, if at all, only sporadically. Ending the call by double-tapping, for example, work seamlessly. 

What can I do? The Bose USB Link dongle and the headphones are running the latest firmware. 

Best

Johannes

14 REPLIES 14
Jessie_O

Re: Problems with Bose Headphones 700, Bose USB Link Bluetooth and Skype (for Business)

Hey @jellinger

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues when using your headphones with Skype. Can you tell me if you experience this issue when using other VoIP services?

I would recommend resetting the headphones to see if this helps to resolve your issue. I have included the instructions on how to do this HERE

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jellinger
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2021

Re: Problems with Bose Headphones 700, Bose USB Link Bluetooth and Skype (for Business)

Dear Jessie,

the problem has happend on all machines with all VoIP services I had tried. However, I was able to solve the problem in the meantime: In contrast to what the BOSE Music App tells you, muting works by a long press on the touch pad and not by using the designated button when connected to the USB Link module. I have not been able to found this in any of the manuals. Maybe this can be improved in future versions!

Best

Johannes

jellinger
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2021

Hi, 

I have one more problem with my setup: I am being told, that my adio quality is low and that I am hardly understandable. This doesn't happen with my 5€ cable-based headset. Is there anything I can do?

Best

Johannes

Vicky_W

@jellinger, I am sorry to hear this and would love to help. Can I please ask what device you are connected to when this happens? Is it the Windows 10? There are some great steps here that I am sure will help in the meantime. Let me know how it goes. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
jellinger
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2021

I am connected to a Dell laptop running Windows 7. To the recommended steps:

- The call quality is perfectly fine when I use my mobile phone. 

- Disabling bluetooth at my phone does not have any effect. 

- Rebooting  does not have any effect. 

- For some reason,  cannot get the reset working properly. Afterwards, the head phones are still connected to both my phone and my bluetooth donge. 

Is there anything else I can try?

Vicky_W

@jellinger, thanks for getting back to us with so much detail! Can I please confirm what are your audio input/output settings set to on both the main computer audio settings and on the Skype in-app settings? Also, have you tried using Skype to make a test call at all?

jellinger
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2021

@Vicky_W, thank you very much for your help!  I cannot reproduce the low audio quality in test calls. I am connected to the device "Bose USB Link" in both the main computer audio settings and the Skye in-app settings. Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

Jessie_O

Hey Jellinger,

Thank you for coming back to us!

This is certainly strange behavior. Can you tell me if you experience the same issue when you connect without the Bose USB Link? This should help us determine where the issue is.

I look forward to hearing from you!

jellinger
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2021

Hi, this is hard to tell since I am using it on my work laptop, on which I cannot add new bluetooth devices. On my private laptop the audio quality is mostly fine in MS Teams both with and without the dongle. However, there I am occasionally hearing click sounds when I am not playing any sounds. Does that make any sense for you?