Ged78
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Proper firmware version for Bose 700

General question regarding Bose 700 firmware- which version is relatively bugs free?

Just recieved new pair of those with 1.1.4 and I wonder whether to update them or not.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Proper firmware version for Bose 700

Hi Ged78,

Thank you for posting and for joining us here in the community.

We do always recommend installing the latest firmware version for your headphones. The latest firmware versions will have all of the relevant/latest bug fixes and enable the most up-to-date feature set for any product. This will allow you to get the best and most complete experience from your headphones. Rest assured that all updates have been fully tested and can be installed safely.

The latest firmware version for your headphones at this time is 1.3.1, and you can get this either from the Bose Music app, or by using our Device Updater.

I hope this helps.

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Ged78
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Thanks for an official statement!

I am more interested in opinion of other users, especially taking into consideration many flaws related to current firmware. Is it worth upgrading or is it better to stay with 1.1.4 ?

Highlighted
atljayr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

I updated my NC 700s to 1.3.1 and regret it. It seems since they pushed the update my Bluetooth connections intermittently drop then reconnect. Didn't have as many connection issues before the update. I'd say stay where you're at until there's a better fix to address the connection bugs.

Highlighted
Creemers
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

I would also advise not to update, unless you only connect to a single device at a time (so either only connect to your phone, or disable Bluetooth on your phone). Previous version was not perfect, but the latest version is unusable. Connection to 2 devices at a time simply does not work. Since Bose is very silent about the plans or progress, we don't know when the issues are fixed. Since I updated to the latest firmware, my device ended up in a closet... Being totally unusable.

Highlighted
Ged78
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Thanks a lot, I ws thinking exact the same way!

I uninstalled bose music app to be sure that it would not upgrade the firmware.

After struggling with QC35ii I will take any precautions needed.