Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Q35 II will not reconnect to music (only voice) when used with Windows 10 HP PC.

Bose product name

QC35 II (latest)

Country

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Headphones remained paired with computer when turned off, but do not reconnect automatically. I have to connect manually, with the first attempt always going to "voice" (terrible music sound). Then I disconnect, then I reconnect, and it shows "music". Response to my review indicated I could quickly switch over to music using select device (click on volume control). However, the only options shown are speakers and Headset (voice). Nothing there about stereo or A2DP.

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

home

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

I have never been able to attain automatic reconnection. I only use music. I would happily do without the entire voice (headset) aspect of the product.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Looked on site for similar situations, called customer service, rep just said "that's the way they are".

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Q35 II will not reconnect to music (only voice) when used with Windows 10 HP PC.

Hey @profitbase, welcome to the Bose Community!

Sorry that you're having difficulty with the connection between your computer and your QC35 II's. You should certainly be seeing the Headset and Stereo(A2DP) profiles. 

Let's clear the pairing and establish a fresh connection. To do this, hold the switch in the Bluetooth position for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then, on your computer's Bluetooth list, delete all instances of the headphones. You'll also need to do this on the Bluetooth lists of any other previously connected devices. Now reconnect them with your computer. 

You also mentioned that the headphones remain paired with the computer when turned off. Do you mean with the computer is turned off or the headphones are turned off?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Re: Q35 II will not reconnect to music (only voice) when used with Windows 10 HP PC.

I did as you suggested; deleted all references in settings to the QC35. Then found and re-paired the QC35. But the first attempt to connect still shows only voice. Above the volume control "headset" appears, but nothing about Stereo(A2DP). I still need to disconnect and then reconnect to get the headphone music setting. It's not the end of the world, just a couple of extra and ideally unnecessary steps. By the way, the pairing persists whether I turn off the headphones or restart the computer (with the headphones already turned off, of course.)

Thank you for your attempted assistance in any case.

Ted Noon

Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

By the way, the only other bluetooth device I even own is my hearing aids connected to my phone, and that does not involve the computer or the headphones in any way.

Thanks for trying that and letting us know profitbase!

We do have a guide HERE that has some handy tips and tricks for using Bluetooth headphones with computers which I'm sure will help with the headphones connecting for voice automatically.

One thing from that guide I would definitely recommend doing is disabling the option for Windows to use the "hands-free telephony" feature of the headphones. If you have no intention of using the headphones for voice, then disabling this should not cause any problems, but it is worth remembering you have disabled this in case you want to use them for calls in the future! I've included the image showing where to do this on your computer below, but there are more steps in the thread I've linked that you can try as well.

W10 BT Profiles (1).JPG

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Man, that is one stubborn little set of headphones you manufacture. I followed all of your directions. It would rather not connect to anything if it can't connect to voice. It shows "connected", but no sound. I can disconnect, then reconnect and get music. Or I can turn off the bluetooth, turn it back on and get music (although volume automatically goes up to 100%, so I prefer the former). But there is no way on earth I can turn off the headphones, turn them back on, and get music without going to the computer and reconnecting manually. I tried a large number of variations on your directions, including completely clearing the pairing and starting from scratch. No go. I re-read the computer related information you pointed me to; just as the first time, no help, as my bluetooth and all other drivers, settings, whatever, are up to snuff. These headphone just really want to be a headset, and apparently I will need to live with a few extra steps if I want the good sound / noise suppression.