Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

Q35 ii keep disconnecting and re-connecting on windows 10 and can't even connect to my iphone 8

Recently, and not sure if after 4.5.2 update, my bose qc35 ii are really unreliable.  My iPhone can't find my qc35 ii, and using the bose connect app on my iPhone, it fails to connect as well.

On my windows 10 computer, i can pair with my headphones, however, every 10min or so, I heard the message "disconnected" and then "connected" again, is really annoying.

I would love to downgrade to the previous version (from 4.5.2) however I haven't found any way to do it

please advise

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Re: Q35 ii keep disconnecting and re-connecting on windows 10 and can't even connect to my iphone 8

Wanted to reply to this as I am having the exact same issue.

Headphones work fine for 10 minutes and then disconnect, they then reconnect and state the power level. The Bose App reports "Whoops... Something happened and xxx disconnected."

I have held the bluetooth button for 10 seconds to clear the device list and then reconnected devices with the same issue. I have tried connecting only to the Windows 10 desktop but experience the same issue.

Firmware version is 4.5.2

Highlighted

Re: Q35 ii keep disconnecting and re-connecting on windows 10 and can't even connect to my iphone 8

Hi @fa7her and @JustJabba

Thanks for your posts and welcome. 

I'm sorry to hear of these issues following the most recent update to your headphones. 

Can you tell me if you updated using the application or through our updater? 

If you did not update through our updater I would recommend giving it a go. Click the LINK HERE on a laptop or PC and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how it goes!  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

I used the btu.bose.com for the update.  To be clear, i didn't have this issue before and is really annoying

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

I updated via the app so that covers both types of updating.

Highlighted

Thank you both for trying this! 

@fa7her, have you been able to clear the pairing list on your headphones and your Windows 10 computers outlined by JustJabba?

@JustJabba, It looks like you have tried all the troubleshooting we would normally recommend for this issue I would encourage you to reach out to your local technical support team by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of the team would love to help you further. 

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

I read a lot of people has reported this before and I tried rebooting and turning off/on and re-pairing and also updating to the latest firmware on the headphones, But the issue keeps re-occuring, very annoyed and disappointed.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

I'm still having the reconnect issue but only with windows 10 machine

I removed my pairing association and delete the device on windows 10, reinstall the firmware, and still the same issues

I have windows 10 pro update 1909

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

I am having the same problem continually:

Bose QC35 normally connected to both an iphone 8+ and a Dell Windows 10 Laptop.

Whilst using audio on the windows PC, the iphone regularly (once every ~10 minutes) disconnects and immediately reconnects.

I have tried resetting the bose and have made sure they are up to date with latest software.

I have updated windows bluetooth drivers and have updated the iphone software.

Please help!