VT45
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2021

QC 15 crackling with some sounds

I just restarted my computer to install updates, and afterwards I started experiencing an intermittent crackling in the background with some sounds, such as starting or stopping a video or a notification sound. This is not the same as the popping sound that indicates a low battery and I'm not sure what's causing it. Turning the headphones off and on again doesn't fix it, nor does unplugging the audio jack at either end. What's happening and how can I fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Re: QC 15 crackling with some sounds

Hey VT45, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

This is strange, does this only happen with the laptop or all devices? Also, is the noise cancellation active when this happens? What happens when the noise cancellation is off? Let's try replacing the batteries and see if this helps. 

I look forward to your reply.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
VT45
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2021

I don't have any other devices I can check them with since my phone doesn't have an audio jack, but changing the battery doesn't help the situation. Outside sounds actually sound less muffled than before, so I'm wondering if the noise cancellation is starting to give out.

Charlotte_G

@VT45 It does seem as though you may need to explore the service options available for your headphones. To do this, please go to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us' and an agent will happily discuss this with you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!