Abbey
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

QC 35 (11) connect to TV via audio transmitter.

I would like to connect my Sony Bravia TV (8 years old no Bluetooth) to the QC 35 (11) headphones via an aptx Low Latency transmitter plugged into the ""audio out" ports on the TV. Will this work to ensure perfect sound lip synchronization?

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_F

Re: QC 35 (11) connect to TV via audio transmitter.

Hi @Abbey,

Thank you for taking the time to post.

It sounds as if you're describing a third-party transmitter, which would not be recommended so, therefore, I cannot guarantee perfect audio synchronization. Have you been able to test this so far?

If needed, you may be able to adjust the audio-delay in your TV sound settings, if you notice any issue with the audio synchronization.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Abbey
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

I haven't tried the connection. I haven't bought the transmitter as yet. The manufacturer said it was aptx Low Latency and to ensure lip sync the wireless headphone must also be low latency. I just need to know from Bose how do I ensure lip sync with the headphone. If it doesn't support apxt then what is required to make it work? Otherwise, I will return the headphones and get on that does sync properly.

Andy_B
Community Manager

Hey Abbey,

The QC35 II headphones support AAC and SBC Bluetooth codecs. They do not support aptX. 

Bluetooth connections may inherently provide a slight audio delay - the source device has to process the audio, send it wirelessly, the receiving device has to accept it, process it, and finally play it back. With audio-video sources like a TV system, most manufacturers including ourselves would recommend using a wired connection with systems that are specifically designed for television applications, like a soundbar or home theatre package. For this, we use a HDMI or optical as to avoid this delay. 

While you may be able to pair the QC35 II headphones, or any third-party devices, to your TV or Bluetooth adapter/dongle wirelessly, the results in audio-video sync that you experience will vary based on the above complications. As Sam noted above, your TV and connected sources (Cable/Satellite, etc) may have built-in features to delay the video for applications that require this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Abbey
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Thank you for your reply. It sounds like lip sync will be an issue with wireless headphones but not with a wired set. Will explore further.