owenward
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

QC 35 / 35 II Bluetooth volume buttons not working on iOS 13.1

Since upgrading an iPhone XS and iPad Mini 4 to iOS 13.1, the Bose QC 35 and 35 II volume buttons have stopped working while listening on Bluetooth. This could be an Apple issue since the buttons were working on iOS 13.0, but I thought I'd post it here so Bose is aware of it.

Has anyone else noticed this problem with iOS 13.1?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
owenward
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

Re: QC 35 / 35 II Bluetooth volume buttons not working on iOS 13.1

Author Accepted Answer selected by owenward

I contacted TuneIn and they are aware of the bluetooth volume button issue with their app. They plan to fix it in the next release. So it is not a Bose issue.

Regarding the volume button speed, I never noticed the delay before but I think it's probably the same as it always was.

6 REPLIES 6

Hello owenward, 

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Could you please confirm if you are listening to any audio whilst adjusting the volume?

We tested this here and found that the volume will adjust when audio is playing from apps such as Spotify, but not when there is no audio playing. This was tested on iOS 13.1, 13.0, and 12.3.1. 

Let me know if this is the same for you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

owenward
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

I'm streaming audio on the TuneIn Radio Pro app (16.8.1, 1240), so maybe the bug is in their app.

The Bose volume buttons do work while listening to music via the iPhone Music app, although they seem to have more lag than before (about 1 second delay before volume changes).

I have the latest Bose firmware on both the QC 35 and 35 II.

Hello owenward,

Thanks for getting back in touch, okay that is very interesting that you are experiencing a lag when you are listening to music after the update. To try to remedy this I would recommend trying resetting the headphones, you can do this by following the step below:

1. Turn the headphones off and wait for 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headphones into a USB power supply via a USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into a working outlet)
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headphones and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn the headphones on and test if they work properly

It would also be helpful to clear the pairing list of the headphones, you can do this by following the steps below:

1. Slide the power switch to the Bluetooth® symbol and hold for 10 seconds until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  2. Delete your Bose QuietComfort headphones from the Bluetooth list on your device. All Bluetooth devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to connect a new device

My last recommendation would be to rebooting your devices.

I hope this is helpful, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

owenward
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by owenward

I contacted TuneIn and they are aware of the bluetooth volume button issue with their app. They plan to fix it in the next release. So it is not a Bose issue.

Regarding the volume button speed, I never noticed the delay before but I think it's probably the same as it always was.

Wiardbeek
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2019

I have the same problem. Use latest firmware (Bose Updater.app). Also pressed the ON-button for >10s to reset the SoundLink Mini. I use iPhone 7 with Software 13.1.1. Up to iOS13 it worked good! 

Yes I use TuneIn. And with Music all is working OK. I wait for an update of TuneIn. Thanks.

pauloregalos
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

I followed all of your directions exactly and I have done so 3 times. Each time, the same thing occurs. The volume is very low and I can press the volume control on the headphones to turn it up about half way. It maximizes at half way. Then the volume control won't lower or raise the volume. I am exactly at the same point that I started out at which is that I have to manually raise and lower the volume on my laptop or my Android phone. For what these headphones cost, $359, they should last longer than 2 years and have a removable battery for easy repair. I won't be buying anymore Bose products.