Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Re: QC 35 / 35 II Bluetooth volume buttons not working on iOS 13.1

Did all states deleted apps neither buttons functions as they should up and down volume show a black screen middle button same when double clicked only 6 months old very very disappointed using iTunes music app

Highlighted

Hi DjEddy,

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are also having trouble using the volume controls with your IOS device.

If you have followed the troubleshooting in this thread already, including the RESET and the UPDATE for your headphones, can you please answer the questions @Vicky_W posted before? Knowing that information will allow us to troubleshoot with you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

On my third set of Bose QC (now series II) headphones. All three have developed the same failure, volume control stops working. I can lower the volume but cannot raise the volume past a point slightly below mid level. Usually BT off Pandora, occasionally off music or video library from IPad. Previous two headsets replaced under Bose warranty. Wife has same model without volume issues. Upon receipt of replacement headsets the volume works fine for approx two to three months. When raising the volume it initially increases then upon releasing the volume control switch there is static followed by an immediate return to the volume level which existed prior to attempting to raise same. All Apps up to date. Just found this forum today and will attempt some of the procedures within. That said, this logically appears to be a mechanical failure of the switch vice an app issue. Headphones never damaged, never wet, stored in case when not in use. Have been a Bose customer since 1984 purchase of 901 speakers. Not sure what’s going on but highly unusual for a Bose product. Thoughts? Suggestion? TY

Spoiler

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @hobartharmon,

Thanks for your message and the long-time support of Bose products! Sorry to hear about your headphones.

Does this issue only ever occur on your iPad - have you tested the headset with other devices? Apple's iOS devices can limit the volume playback levels, restricting them from going above a certain point. If the issue is currently ongoing with your headset, you'll find this setting underSettings > Music > Volume Limit within the general iPad device settings selection page. 

Do you use additionally use any other music streaming apps - Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube, etc? Would be a great reference point to make sure that any individual application isn't also limiting the volume levels. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2020

I just bought these headphones - the volume control is fine with my iPhone but not with my iPad - suggestions?

Harry

Highlighted

Hi Harry, 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your headphones. 

If they're working with the iPhone, this could be a device-based issue. Have you tried restarting the iPad and tried re-pairing the headphones to it? 

Thanks.