mako454
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

QC-35 Connect App problems. QC-35 will pair but not audio connect to laptops !

I installed the Bose Connect App a few days ago and now I have a problem using my QC-35’s with my Microsoft Surface Book and other laptops. I have cleared the headphones and removed the pair on the laptop multiple times. What I think has happened is the QC-35 identifier has changed and is not being read correctly by the laptop. It keeps installing the QC-35 as an “Other” Device. My Bose Soundlink II pairs and connects fine with the same laptop so this is clearly a QC-35 problem and not a Microsoft, Windows or laptop issue. Is there any way to downgrade the QC-35 firmware so I can get this functionality back?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: QC-35 Connect App problems. QC-35 will pair but not audio connect to laptops !

Hello mako454,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry that you're having some difficulty connecting your QC35's to your Surface Book. 

Clearing the pairing list is a great start. Next, I would suggest resetting the headphones. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Turn off the headphones and wait 30 seconds

2. Plug the headphones into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds

3. Unplug the USB cord from the headphones and wait 1 minute

4. Turn on the headphones

If the issue persists, please visit btu.bose.com on your computer to manually update the firmware. It is not possible to roll back the firmware, however, it is possible that the previous installation was corrupted and causing this problem.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

mako454
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Re: QC-35 Connect App problems. QC-35 will pair but not audio connect to laptops !

Nothing has helped so far except I was able to get the QC35 to pair and connect with my older Dell 14Z laptop. I still cannot get the latest firmware to do the same with my newer Microsoft Surface Book or wifes Dell XPS13.

I haven't tried it yet, but this thread would seem to indicate it is possible to downgrade firmware so do you know if it actually and still works?

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC35-How-to-downgrade/m-p/40065#M1111