Highlighted
morganpatranella
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2018

Re: Headphones power on automatically

jsut call and tell them how disappointed you are about it.

- keep me updated

Highlighted
motoretta
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 17, 2018

Re: QC35 Headphones Turning Itself On?

I am having the same problem with my QC35's. 

I have updated the firmware and tried the reboot process, with no success....

I have talked with Bose support, but the only solution they have is for me to buy a new pair!!!!

These headsets are a year and a half old and therefore out of warranty, but COME ON!!!

Headphones this expensive shouldn't have to be replaced in less than 2 years.

Very disappointed with Bose support:(

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi motoretta,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with support. We will DM you to gather more information.

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Highlighted
luminant
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2018

I've got same kind of problems with my first gen iPad Air. It has that switch on a right side. There's some electrical contact failure with the switch. Even if I don't touch the switch, sometimes it changes the fuction pinned to it, ie. I've set it to mute audio. So every once in awhile, the audio pop-up window appears to inform me that audio has been muted or turned on. I've tested the switch by moving it little by little between ON and OFF to see when the function changes. I don't have to move it all the way up or down to get the change. It's over 4 years old iPad, and countless times I've used that switch. So kinda I understand that every moving part can malfunction. 

Highlighted
Pykalaniemi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2018

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

I have the same problem with mine. 2 yrs old. Techical support reccomend me to buy new model. Clearly a known issue. Bose should call back the faulty headphones even if the warranty is expired. 

Highlighted
gcm26
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2018

Same here, mine is out of warranty bought it in October 2016 at an Apple store. I agree, this type of defect should have been called back especially since many consumers are having this problem. It's a shame because I love my Bose headphones, had a qc 15 for several years and fell in love with the qc 35 because it was wireless and had awesome noise cancellation. Now I am forced to use my qc 35's with an aux cable and give up noise cancelling (reason for purchase), such a rip-off. Not a good way to keep customers Bose.
Highlighted
motoretta
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 17, 2018

Update to my issue: 

Bose decided to offer a replacement pair as a courtesy; out of warranty. Thank You Bose, for doing the right thing.

Sincerely 

Tom

Highlighted
SteveX
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2018

I have a QC35 for about 1.5 years and now has the exact same issue. I called the Bose, they wanted to force me to buy a new one. As so many users have the same issue, this became a quality problem. Bose should not expect users can only keep such an expensive headphone for such a short time. Bose said they don't repair their products too.  I am a loyal Bose customers and bought several speakers and headphones, some for my own uses and some as gifts to kids of my friends who gradated from high school or college (I just sent out a Bose SoundLink Revolve as gift to a college graduate las week). Now I have to rethink about Bose in the future.

prasannacs
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 21, 2018

Hi Shiloh,

First of all this a common issue as numerous users have reported the same. Looks like Bose has no interest to solve the problem for the customers out of warranty. Let me know if this is the case as users like me don't have to waste time over and again.

Even if there is no solulion, please acknowledge the problem, as I would least expect the professionalism from a company like Bose.

Regards,

Prasanna CS

Highlighted
ljohnvu
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

May 24, 2018

Had to chime in on this.  I knew this was a common problem and contacted their customer support.  As a "courtesy" only option is to pay $259 for a new pair for out of warranty.  $350 for a pair of headphones that won't even last more than 2 years.  Bose needs to acknowledge that this is a defect and do right and replace them all.  Really sad as I actually don't even use these that much and it's broken.