prasannacs
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 21, 2018

Re: QC35 Headphones Turning Itself On?

Wow, so many replies and not surprised to see this as I suspected QC 35 to have this problem across a broad range of users. As the author for this post I still have the problem with my QC 35 except for the fact that now I use it as my computer head phone wired. What a shame for a $350 piece headphone..

Also my Sound Touch 300 bar suddenly stopped powering on. Fortunately just 2 more months under warranty and got it repaired with Bose. A close shave for a $700 bummer again.

newboseman
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2018

This just started happening to me last week, bought 2 of them (Bose QuietComfort 35 II) 5-6 months ago. 

Now the headphones turn themselves on, even in the off switch after 10-30 seconds with all bluetooth products disabled - it continues to blink white with the green on button. 

Hopefully I still have my warranty paper. 

xpete911
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 1, 2018

After experiencing the issue, I read several posts on these forums regarding the same matter and how no one was helping them. I immediately became angry with bose and posted another discussion.

However, I followed the instruction of calling into support and had a very different result than most of these other posts. I told the representative that I was out of warranty and what was happening. Within my first few sentences, he replied with the offer to send me a brand new bose qc35ii. I was amazed after everything I read.

I sent my broken qc35i to the address they provided me along with the promptly emailed paperwork. My new QC35ii arrived 3 days later. I’m as happy with Bose as I ever have been!

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

Hi jjones0024,

Thank you for reaching out to the community, and sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. Can you verify a few things for us?

When powering off do you hear the power-down tone? 

Is Bluetooth turned on in any nearby devices and does the headset automatically connect?

Try turning Bluetooth off in source devices to see if the same issue persists. 

Let us know your findings when you get the chance.

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

osseous
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 16, 2018

I have had mine for about 2 weeks And now I'm having the same problem of them shutting down after about 30 seconds. They are fully charged.
Highlighted
osseous
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 16, 2018

I have had mine for about 2 weeks And now I'm having the same problem of them shutting down after about 30 seconds. They are fully charged
Community Manager

Hello osseous

Thank you for posting in the community!  

Have you been able to reset the headphones and clear the Bluetooth pairing list yet?  I would also recommend contacting support if this does not resolve the issue.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page to display a number for support in your area.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

ashah
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2018

I am having the same issue with my QC 35

Tried the rebooting process and upgrading to the latest software, however it did not solve the issue. 

I bought these headphones in January of 2017!! This should not be happening with headphones this expensive! 

Called customer support and I was having a hard time hearing the guy so asked him if this called was international, which it was. I asked to be transferred to the US and he did not seem happy about that so I stayed on the phone. I had to ask him multiple times to repeat things and he would repeat it with an attitude.  Long story short, Customer Support said they do not repair the headphones and my only option is to buy new ones! 

Very disappointed with the customer support!!

lohkic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2018

QC35 Power Switch ... me too (turning on while OFF)

Issue - Power switch in OFF postion but still powering ON and CONNECTING to devices.

I've been experiencing this issue for a couple of months so I came to the forums.  It seems I'm definitely not the only one.  I'm tired of having drained or dead headphones.  Like the majority of QC35 owners, I paid over $300 for premium quality Bose headphones.  

I have RESET my headphones

I have confirmed firmware is updated

I reached out to BOSE support chat and instead of acknowledging this is a hardware problem (just search the forums), they tried to upsell me on QC35-IIs...  At first it was something around $250, then they offered me $199 after I said NO.  Instead of getting support on $300 headphones, I'm getting haggled to pay $200 more!

Unfortunately I'm just outside of the 1 year warranty.  I'd expect more use for such a "premier" product at such a premier price tag.  My first and last pair.

Thanks Bose.

acr6848
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2018

Re: QC35 Power Switch ... me too (turning on while OFF)

I am having the exact same issue. Started happening a couple weeks back--now it's to the point where I can't even connect to any bluetooth device that wasn't previously paired (it won''t go to the pairing mode at all). Is this really the only solution they offered you? I've had these for just over 2 years now and they have been VERY lightly used. Seems like we need to hear from Bose about this.....