Highlighted
lohkic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2018

Re: QC35 Power Switch ... me too (turning on while OFF)

Yes, their only solution was to give me a "deal" on the upgraded QC35-II model.  This issue is not an anomaly, it's a manufacturing issue with the QC35 1st gen.  This should be covered outside the warranty.  Nevertheless, a $300 premier headphone's ON/OFF switch shouldn't crap out in multiple years - much less 1!  I have several $20 bluetooth jawbone, earbuds, etc. which operate just fine years down the road.

Bose needs to step up on this issue.  

acr6848
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2018

A $300 pair of headphones that have a known issue with the power button and Bose is refusing to fix? Either this gets corrected or I will be telling everyone I know to never buy a Bose product again. 

Hello! Thank you both for posting and sharing your concerns.

I am sorry to hear of your experience and understand your frustration. Please see our PM to see if we are able to assist you further.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

youngleo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 30, 2018

Re: Headphones power on automatically

Same issue here.  Automatically turned on and connected to my phone.   Happened for a while, should have contact the support before the warrenty expired.

Jason D.
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

I already called your CS center. I've updated the software. It still happens. And when I go to use my headphone, usually the battery has been depleted.  I have the exact opposite bluetooth connectivity problem with my iPad and phone: instead of connecting without a prompt, I can never connect them to this speaker without forgetting the device first and then re-pairing it. I've come to the conclusion that while trying to fix issues of bluetooth connectivity, you've made these headphone hypersensitive and too responsive to bluetooth. I'm no longer buying your products until I read reviews that specifically say you've fixed the problem. 

tjlandry
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 2, 2018

Same problem, QC 35 series 1, bought in November 2016.  Turns on constantly when the switch is off.  Makes the headphones useless.

bose.jpg

Edward35
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 2, 2018

Hi Greg,

Same problem here unfortunately; power switch bummed out after under 2 years of light use. The thing won’t turn on.

Really disappointed to read that if I take it in I’ll probably be asked to pay for the newer one.

May I ask if anything can be done as I won’t be recommending Bose if not.
Mjiclk350
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2018

Re: QC35 Headphones Turning Itself On?

I have the same issue. They randomly turn on and drain the battery
i10k
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 30, 2018

Had the same problem, bought my QC35 about two years ago, so they were out of warranty for about a year. Started having the issue about half a year ago but was in a country with no Bose customer service. So I finally got to Canada, called the customer support and got issued a new pair of Bose QC35 II for no price at all. Sent my broken QC35, received the new ones after around 10 days. Hooray for Bose!

djthe
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2018

Which number you were calling if you don't mind to share.